Chapter 17

(Sunset)

Everything was green, Looking for traces of footsteps. He saw a hill the grass had traces of hooves in them, actually hundreds. Crust followed it and came to an army camp. Flags were everywhere people were fully armed. He saw a shirtless and bloodshed man in chains they were draging in the ground, his held tilted a little and there was a headband with the crest of Artia. Lorris.

He saw a carriage nearby and climbed into it, he saw crates and opened one there were uniforms and swords..and guns and gunpowder? His eyes widened, but he can disguise himself. He changed into the uniform and hat and just took a sword.

"Hey!"

"What?" Crust tried to sound tough.

"Oh, captain..!" he saluted, Crust looked at his uniform and saw a badge. Act like a leader, you can do this you need to warn and save Lorris.

"What's the situation?" what am I saying?

"Troops have been gathered and we attack after the full moon rises."

"Good now don't bother me." please leave me alone and don't discover me and please dont have a list of names because Me and Lorris can die because of my mistake.

"Wait! The commander called for you." you got to be kidding me, I'm gonna die.

"Alright escort me there."

People were looking and saluting He just ignored them and went straight ahead. I hope captains are cold hearted.

They came into a carriage and he went inside, there he saw a girl. Wait, What?! The rebel's army commander is a girl?!

She looked shocked to see me too, I'm doomed

"Well, great work intruder for getting this far." She pointed a sword at me, then it suddenly burst to flames. S-She can use powers like us.

"Calm down, may I ask why do you attack your own kingdom?" Crust said putting his arms up

"Because it's corrupted to the core."

"???" I gave her a questioned look

"Well I wont expect you to understand anyways..AND no I won't share my backstory with you. You're an enemy I mean I'm not stupid."

"I know" Crust smiled, she turned red and furrowed her brows. "Well you never lowered your guard and you know I came here for my friend and you'll treaten me or warn the kingdom and if they do not agree with you, you'll slay us, City by city , town by town starting with the strongest military force." She smirked

"Well, that's just the obvious part."

"What do you mean?"

"..No..way.." Crust said wide eyed

She smiled "You may be smart but I'm a genuis." she snapped her fingers and chains of fire were on Crust hands. "Oh and as a special privellage I'll kill you after you watch your kingdom fall."

***

"Hey! Get up boy!"

Huckle opened his eyes and saw fire outside the cabin the animals attacking the soldiers and contestants in the competition, and in the shadows he felt a presence of a person, whoever he or she was s/he was controlling the animals. That's why that chimera was no coincidence. Huckle tried to sit up pain shot through him but he needed to protect his kingdom or queen. Reinforcements might come if he buys some time.

Huckle picked up a sword and used his wings he flew upward. Taking advantage of the sunset and shadows and went to the one who's controlling the animals. In a flash huckle saw she was a girl and the girl saw him too sent animals to him, he sliced them all with his sword. He was coming in fast and tackled the girl all the animals stopped attacking at once but fire lit arrows came in with platoons of soldiers all armed some in horses. No, not again. No more bloodshed. Huckle said. He covered the girl's mouth muffling her screams. Put the tip of his sword at her neck. "Do anything or try to scream or move I will not hestitate to kill you."

When he girl was determined to die. Huckle flew her up in the air at the same time Lorris was brought upon the rebel's army soldiers tied up in a pole. Screaming "Give up your queen or we'll punish him right before your eyes. Cutting his fingers first then his hand and toes then break every bone in his body, until he die a very slow and painful death."

"Hey!" Huckle screamed

The rebel army had their mouths hanging "Captain!"

"Dont mind me and do your work properly my life is just a little speck in this world!'

Huckle covered her mouth and put the sword and demanded, "Well, which do you prefer to save your lives or hers?"

Suddenly feathers appeared at the soldier's necks or hearts. Sweat prickled their foreheads.

***

(Emerald Islands Headquarters)

"We're under attack!"

"Tsk, call forth every soldier!" Captain Velance said

"Wait brother! I heard the queen has been attacked and a soldier named Huckle saved her, is it not wise to call forth every soldier when the queen may be attacked." Veloren said

"Well, gather troops that may help you in the expedition and reinforcements,"

Veloren saluted.

Veloren went to Lieutenant Frost, "Lt, I need your help gather your troops and come to the stables we leave for the capital."

***

"Where's Crust?" Frost asked

Then there they saw Crust pulled by his hair in fire chains by the Commander of the rebel's army Commander Genevieve.

"I won't let anyone of you escape."