The Journey Begins

A few weeks after Bilbo's disappearance, things died down. Rumours and stories of what happened were tossed round. I kept the knowledge of the ring to myself, strangely I did not care for it. I was not drawn to it as most were. I also didn't want to scare Frodo.

Frodo and I were coming home after going to the pub, Sam walked with us , but he returned his way home.

As Frodo opened the door to the house, I stopped him from going any further than he was going, he looked t him in surprised and confusion. I pointed to the window that was open and the mess of the book. We walked in slowly, someone was defiantly here.

Frodo flinched at something grabbing touch of his shoulder, I turned, ready to attack but I relaxed when I saw Gandalf.

"Is it secret? Is it safe?"

Frodo began rummaging through the chest of were he left the ring. He took out scrolls and papers before finding it. 

"Here!"

Gandalf immediately took the envelope and tossed it into the fire.

"What are you doing?" Frodo questioned.

Gandalf ignores him and watches the paper burn, when the ring is revealed he grabs a pair of tongs and picks up the ring. "Hold out your hand Frodo, it's quite cool."

Hesitantly Frodo put his hand of and looked to me, I nodded as I knew it was safe. Gandalf dropped the ring into his hand, Frodo was again, confused and surprised that it was cool, like nothing happened.

Gandalf stand up and turns away from the fire. "Can you see anything?"

"No, there nothing there." Frodo replies

I let out a sigh of relief and Gandalf relaxes, until Frodo speaks again.

"Wait, no there are markings... some kind of elvish. I can't read it"

"There are few who can." Gandalf said turning back to Frodo.

"I am apart of that few." I say quietly.

"That language is from Mordor, the words of which I will not mutter here." Gandalf say in pity.

"Mordor?"

"In the common tongue it was One ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness, bind them" I say.

Gandalf looks to me in a serious face "Get your thing."

I nod and run to my room. I take my sword from it hiding place and my battle attire, I grab a bag an put more stuff in it. I run back to the main room and I see Sam on the table.

"No, perhaps not, I thought of a better use for you."

Time Skip - Woods

Gandalf and Frodo talk a bit, while I help Sam with the many pots and pan he must carry, I watch Gandalf ride off, and we begin our journey.

We pass over hill, plain and waterfalls. We come close to a corn field, Sam stops behind us.

"What's Sam?" I ask turning to face him, I lower my head to met his eyes.

"This is it." Sam says not moving.

"What it?" Frodo asks confused.

"If I take one more step, then this will be the farthest I've been away from home." Sam says.

I chuckle a bit as Frodo puts a hand on Sam's shoulder.

"How do you think I felt?" I say as they walk with me.