Chapter 10: The Ball-Washer

"It- It hurts" Was the first thing Vittorio heard as he picked up the call followed by sobbing making his eyes flare with anger.

"What hurts, Eve? Where are you?" He asked taking a turn from where he was driving to and stopped at the side of the road.

"Hen-Hensler's part-party"

"I'm five minutes away, think you can handle yourself till then?" He drove straight taking turns, not caring about the speed limit.

"I"- He heard the wails go louder and cursed under his breath.

Was it him saying that his sisters were the latter that jinxed it?

He didn't care.

"I'm in" He stopped driving his Mustang and stepped out of the car rushing in.

"Where are you, Eve?" He pressed the phone to his ear trying to listen to her voice over the booming music.

"Room 231"

"I'm going to be there, okay?" He pressed the Elevators button listening to her breathing over the phone, nodding to people as he got off the elevator, walking towards the door, and knocked before releasing it was open and entered to find her in a ball under the covers crying.

"Hey..." He walked towards her "What's wrong?"

"Ev-Everything"

He sat down beside her "Stop crying, Eve, come on" He softly pulled her up to sit and reached over pushing pillows up for her to lean on.

"What's wrong?" He asked her and she just shook her head crying.

"Hey, I'm here yeah, what's wrong? did someone hurt you?"

In truth, he'd already checked her over the minute he entered, he just wasn't sure.

"I- Tony..- Tori- he.." The nickname surprised the man, he hadn't really heard it in not a mocking form in a while.

"He what?" Vittorio raised the water bottle he opened to Eve's lips, motioning her drink and waited patiently as she did.

"He?"

"He..."

Vittorio raised an eyebrow.

"You won't believe me"

"Of course I'll fucking believe you, tell me" He stated firmer.

"He touched...me"

And that was the last straw, the anger she saw in Vittorio's eyes was...worse than she'd ever imagined.

Was this what she looked like when she was actually mad? This Scary?

"Where is he?" He stood up immediately "How dare he, I will fucking"--

"Tori!" Eve cried in distress this time and his looked softened at her tear-streaked face.

"Come here" Vittorio bent down with open arms, surprising both him and her.

Eve gladly wrapped her arms around his neck allowing him to rub her back.

"He won't ever come near you, ever again, I'll fucking make sure of that" He was confused a bit in the back of his mind too.

He knew Eve was kind but that didn't mean she wasn't dangerous, Eve was deadly.

'You should always look out for the quiet ones' they said in all movies, most books, everyone had heard it at least once.

It was true, in some sort of a weird angle.

Vittorio knew Eve had at least noticed more than 5 places she could really hurt Tony, and if not, he was still sure she was very good at defending, killing, fighting...he just didn't understand but didn't want to seem...you know, like not a supportive brother.

It was the first chance he had taken in ages after all.

"Come on" He pulled away and wrapped his court jacket around her, pulling her up and gently to his side.

"Is he fucking here?"

"No, H-he left" Vittorio nodded, gently taking her outside and in his car.

"I'm here for you" He cringed back at his words, at least he meant them.

However their relationship maybe, she was still the fucking four-year-old, who'd tell him not pluck flowers and giggle to no ends at the faces he made, still the same five-year-old who shared all her sweets with him, even the ones he brought for her himself.

"I kn-know" Her voice cracked, she missed those words....she missed him, the old and loving him, she missed his twin, she missed Victorio, she missed them both to ends, and deep, ocean deep, deep down their hearts so did Katherine and Vesper just if they'd accept it.

Just if they'd all be a family again.

Just if Serafina could see what it's like...just if the twins knew of the other pair of twins, just if that night all those wouldn't have happened.

She just wished for it all.

More than anything in the world.

She wished for them to be family and for him to be there.

~o~O~o~

The roads were jammed, Serafina had placed the cater in the back seat where no one could see it, when she saw Vittorio's car...He looked pissed.

"What happened here?" Serafina got out of her car and looked at Vittorio, who rolled his window down after hearing her bang at it, and masked his furious face with his usual cold one, glancing at Eve to make sure it didn't wake her up.

It hadn't.

"Apparently the ball washer lit the thing on fire" Vittorio answered on his phone ignoring his youngest's eyes curiously looking at Eve before her lips stretched into a cheeky little grin.

"The what?"

"The ball washer"

"The what?"

"The ball washer" He looked up and into her blue amused as she asked again.

"The what?"

"The ball"-- He rolled his eyes as he understood, with a small scoff "What are you twelve?"

"Nah, I'm 16"

"Get in your car" He rolled his eyes yet again, his window going up, ignoring her amused laughs and glanced at her getting in shoulders still shaking of laughter and his lips twitched upwards into a smile, trying to calm himself down as well, not realising instead of laughs wrecking her body, it was her coughing because of laughing that hard especially considering she just smoked a while back.

But on the inside, He felt like killing every single man on this fucking planet.