Chapter 13: Now Fuck Off to Sleep

Serafina scribbled something into the old black dairy she had for as long as she could remember.

"What do you keep writing there?" Cole asked with interest as his finger gently traced the delicate petals of a small purple and white wildflower.

"None of your business" Serafina's lip curled into a small smile as she tilted to hide it from his curious eyes.

"So do you play any sports?" Serafina asked the boy who fell onto to the ground with his head on her lap.

"I used too, that is until I realised I could just get trophies out of stores, now I'm kinda good at everything" A laugh escaped her lips as she pushed his head off.

"I don't do affection"

"Why?" He sounded amused as she gagged

"It's lovey-dovey"

"What?" He couldn't help but laugh at her expression.

"I don't know it's just weak and shit"

"So you don't like me?" He asked with a smirk rolling on his stomach.

"Nopes"

"Awh, I like you though"

"You don't know me though"

"I want too, though"

She went speechless.

Sweet.

"Ha!" He smirked proud "Look who I got speechless"

"Die."

"With you, babe" He rolled his eyes ducking when she threw a handful of grass at him.

"What are you wearing?" Serafina asked.

Uniform or by choice-

She frowned confused.

"Uniform"

Aha!

"Oh, I haven't been to school since I was 12"

"Wait, seriously?" He looked at her surprised.

"Yeah started as casual bunking, guardian doesn't care so it's all cool"

"You're literally living the dream life there, girl"

"Girl" She laughed at the sound of that.

"Aria is rubbing off on me!" He groaned and Serafina raised an eyebrow.

"Who?"

"Friend" He responded sitting up. "My friend group is pretty weird"

"How so?" She asked

"Well it's hard to explain but Damon is the classic bad boy with Leather Jacket that no one wants to mess with, Aria is the pretty bubbly girl everyone likes, Luca is an amazing soccer player" He drew lines on the grass.

"What bout you?" Serafina asked, curious about him.

"I'm just me" He said with a small smile "Why? curious"

"Do shut up" She rolled her eyes shutting the diary and laid down next to him looking up.

"What's it like?" She asked curiously.

He looked at her, a quick glance before looking back at the sky full of stars which the city-lights usually hid.

"It's fun and irritating, I want to leave but there's nothing more than wanting to stay, bittersweet really."

"Wow" She murmured.

"You told me you snuck out"

"I did"