Chapter 24: Gone to make History

(A/N: This is going to be the start of the journey you'll take as you realise The Spalitte Family is more fucked up than you think. So, buckle up and hold on tight as you enjoy your realisation of fucked-upness. I wish you a bloody great journey. Thank Yew.)

The plan was simple, as simple as the previous one.

Take him by surprise.

Get Lilith here.

It wasn't that hard, that night and the following few weeks, Vesper had noticed and observed everything, how they talked, cooked, hugged, kissed.

He had fallen. It was love. She had fallen. Vesper always thought it took time to love someone and two to three weeks were nothing but who cares? this worked in their favour.

'Vittorio is dead'

Phoenix chuckled as a cluck of boots was heard, running hurriedly screaming the name of their brother who immediately turned, eyes wide and pulled her to him, holding Lilith to his side.

He whispered something in her ear and right at that moment a searing pain shot through Gusto's arm where the bullet went through and in less than a second it turned into a battlefield of sorts, bullets flying everywhere, screams breaking the silence as did cheers, and curses. The smell of death, blood, and gunpowder hung in the air along with anticipation, happiness and sorrow, gangs after gangs were dying or living.

See only one side would win today, and according to everyone, it was either Vittorio's or Katherine's.

Only if that happened...that would be so much easier to digest than what would actually take place.

Vesper chuckled as she jumped down, shooting people after people, men after men, women after women, anyone who wasn't on their side.

A bullet grazed the left tip of her upper lip slightly and she smirked licking the blood, a faint metallic taste on her tongue and dodged another two bullets, killing 5 more of Vittorio's people in the process without any effort, and threw her head back, satisfied.

Lilith wasn't any bad either, she was back to back with Vittorio, shooting people after people.

Raven didn't like bloodshed as much as her twin, and she didn't like getting almost shot either but oh god, Phoenix was loving every second of it just like Vesper. They couldn't get enough of the adrenaline rush through their bodies, the being in more power, the killing almost anyone they wanted.

It was clear though that Phoenix found more comfort in it than Vesper. See if Katherine thrived in Vittorio's downfall, if Eve thrived in seduction, if Vesper thrived in court with words and in the boxing ring, if Raven thrived in school and tactics to win and if Serafina thrived in her (not so) rare clever moments then Phoenix thrived in this bloodshed, in the feeling of unlimited power, somehow they all did.

~o~O~o~

"She was my best friend" Aria looked at Cole's face on her laptop screen "The one I thought would always be there"

"Wait...mystery ex-bsf is...Cole's best friend?" Luca looked as though he was going crazy and Damon looked up his ceiling while Cole just stared at, what she could assume, were his hands.

After the chick-flick moment with her brother and the drive back home, she face-timed them till they picked up and upon finally deciding to watch a movie over zoom, she presented her screen when she got a text, Luca being the nosy person he was convinced her to open her dms which led to all of them seeing what it read and who it was sent by. 

I'm sorry

Cole didn't speak when he read it or saw who it was sent by, just let the babbling between the other three go on.