03. Make-up Artist

I tied my hair into a messy bun before wearing my boxing gloves. I sighed. How many more times do I have to do this? I feel exhausted now but my dear father would be filled with rage if ever I stop practicing my skills in boxing. This is the only thing that'll make him proud, even if I am the most artistic and creative make-up artist, he still won't be proud with my career choice.

I hit the punching bag so hard. It hurt my knuckles but I didn't care enough. It hurts more to kneel down on rock salt. I'd rather do this than face such punishment. I continued on hitting it hard. Hell, I even kicked it because of anger filling my whole system. I am tired of trying to reach his expectations.

I was about to punch it again but someone popped out, out of nowhere here in the boxing ring. He held the punching bag that I accidentally hit him instead. My eyes widened when I saw him covering his face and cursing in pain. Shit, I punched someone!

"Oh shit it hurts. What kind of hands do you have? Are those made of metal?" He exaggerated. He lied down on the ground and held the eye I accidentally hit. I knelt down beside him and panicked.

"Uhm, I'm sorry. What should I do? Let me see. I am really sorry. It's your fault tho. You were the one who held the one I am supposed to be punching. You were so stubborn!" I scolded him. I was panicking but my panic was wiped away by a bit of anger towards him when I heard him laugh. "Do you think I am a joke?"

"Hey, hey. It's not like that. I am sorry. I can't help but laugh." He kept on laughing. He removed his hands from covering his eyes and slowly opened them. I frowned and he looked at me. I stared at his eyes and observed his blue eyes. They're calm. Calmer than any eyes I've seen before. The color of his eyes are cold but it radiates warmth. "Hey, schatz." He smiled and I laughed with him.

"I..I am Annie. Annie Leonhart." I introduced myself.

"Armin Arlert. Nice to meet you, schatz." He smiled brightly.

"Schatz, may I know what's in your mind?" I heard Armin speak. I looked back at my laptop screen and realized that I was still talking to Armin through video call. I am spacing out again. Maybe because I just miss the time we first met. "I have been talking about my tour for the promotion of our new movie. And I want you to be my make-up artist." He revealed. I frowned, not knowing what to say or to react.

"Your make-up artist for your tour? Am I allowed to share that to my co-fans of yours?" I said like I don't believe him. Uhm, I really don't! "And, Armin don't you have a make-uo artist?" I asked.

"Vanessa's make-up artist resigned so I let her have mine because I know I have you. You're far more skillful, schatz. Please? Be my make-up artist. We'll be together in my tent." He said and winked. I sighed and thought about what might happen if I become his make-up artist. We'll be together always just like how I wanted it, but what if someone finds out about us?

"I don't know, Armin. Sasha also hired me as hers whenever she has events she has to attend to. Besides, her restaurant opening is coming. I bet you're invited there with Vanessa. Am I right?" I used that as an excuse, but Armin has this kind of technique in him that would always persuade me into something. He's just so good at it.

"Yes, I am there with Vanessa. But I want to be there with you." He smiled.

"Of course I am there, Armin. Sasha is my bestfriend. How can I be absent on her special day? Christa and Mikasa will be there too. That's the only time that the four of us would be complete. I can't miss the chance." I answered.

"No. What I mean is, I want you to be my date." I looked at him in shock and he was just smiling hopefully at me.

"You are gonna be there with Vanessa. So, no. Armin, do you want anyone finding out about us? No, right?" When I said those words, I can feel my heart shattering. Why is it so wrong to love? Why do we have to feel bad for falling for someone? We are not cheating on anyone with each other, so why does it feel like we will never be allowed?

"I've seen the location before. There is a maze in its garden. We can meet there secretly, schatz. If there's a will, there's a way." How can I say no? I took a deep breath. It feels like I am the mistress and he is cheating on everyone, including Vanessa, with me. It's okay, self. It's okay. You're lucky that he stayed with you. "But I am not forcing you. You have your own choices and decisions. Your life doesn't revolve around me, schatz." He said with full sincerity. He is not using his technique, it means he wants me to decide on my own and not rely on his.

"I will think about it, I promise." I smiled.

~ • ~

"You seriously look like you lost the lottery, Annie, and you only got one number wrong. What happened?" Mikasa asked me. I looked at her and she held my hand. "I am serious, tell me what the fuck is going on?" She said with a serious tone. Yeah, she can read me easily. She can always find out that something is not right in a matter of seconds.

"Armin is asking me to be his make-up artist. His fucking make-up artist. Help me decide." I tried to keep my voice as low as possible. We are in a public place. It would be really bad if someone heard me.

"What? Are you gonna be his fuck buddy slash make-up artist in work and you're gonna be his girlfriend in private? I don't know what to choose if my boyfriend asks me that, well I don't have a boyfriend. You decide on your own." Mikasa said and rolled her eyes. I sighed and leaned back.

"Thank you because what you said is so helpful." I said and tried to make it as sarcastic as possible. "Like, seriously, Mikasa. I am fucking confused about his sudden request. Oh yeah, I remember. Vanessa's make-up artist resigned so he gave her his make-up artist instead because he knows he has me. That's what he said." I confessed. Mikasa's eyes widened but she composed herself and smirked.

"Your boyfriend is a gentleman, I have nothing to say. Decide on yourself. I don't know what to choose too if ever I am in your situation, to be honest. But why don't you give it a try?" She adviced. I bit my lip and thought about it for minutes. Yeah, we could be a little adventurous.

To : Actor Armin

'I'll be your make-up artist.'

I waited for his reply for about three minutes until he messaged me back.

From : Actor Armin

'I have a shooting here at Dauper. I will pick you up tomorrow morning. Thank you, schatz. I love you so much.'

I guess this whole 'make-up artist' thing wouldn't be that bad at all.

~ • ~

Chapter Three is done. Thank you for reading!