45. Is It Still Worth It?

Astra's condition isn't getting better. To be honest, it's getting worse. Surgery is already an option for her but Jaedon said that they're still deciding about it. I want to fight because I know that Astra is fighting. And I will only stop if she gives up.

I can't help but smile as I watch the strongest girl I've ever known. My daughter is so strong like her daddy and I am so proud. Amelie must be so proud of her sister too. Daddy is surely proud of his granddaughter too.

"Schatz, let's eat lunch already." Armin said. I nodded and held his hand.

We went to a nearby restaurant. It's just beside the hospital so we can easily go back. I sat on my seat and Armin sat on his. Armin and I ordered a rice meal and salad as a side dish. We waited for about five minutes for our order to be served.

"Once Astra recovers, we will go out on a picnic." I said and took a bite. Armin nodded in agreement. We will play all day under the bright sun and eat whatever we want while Astra drinks her milk. Then we will show her how beautiful life can be. We will be a happy family. We may not be perfect but I will make sure that we will be happy.

"I dreamt of something, you know?" Armin said.

"Hmm? Share it." I answered.

"I dreamt of the four of us----you, me, Astra, and Amelie in an amusement park. We were so happy and Amelie and Astra were very energetic. It's so fun not until I woke up. I kind of wish I can stay there in that dream forever." He sighed. "That dream is so good, Schatz. I have Amelie and Astra. I have everything. But if I stay there, I won't get to experience more of the real you and just get stuck in something so unrealistic."

"Mhm. I---", I was cut off when my phone started ringing. When I saw the caller ID, I picked it up with no hesitations. "Excuse me." I told Armin.

"You won't believe what's the headline today." Mikasa said.

"Eh? What is it?" I asked.

"It's about Vanessa. She made a statement about Armin's relationship with you because she was asked about it in her latest press conference." My jaw dropped a bit due to the shock. I never expected that she'll make a statement about Armin and I. I mean, it's not needed and I do hope she didn't badmouth Armin to te public.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll check it." I ended the phone call and opened up my private Twitter account.

"What is it about?" Armin asked.

"Check your Twitter." I answered him as I scroll through the social media platform. My feed was flooded with numerous lines that was said by Vanessa and those posts don't have a link attached to them. And when I found one, I quickly clicked it.

'Vanessa Royale's Statement On On-Screen Partner, Armin Arlert's Relationship'

Just earlier at her press conference, Vanessa was asked about Armin Arlert's relationship with someone outside of the entertainment industry. Months ago, it was revealed that Armin has been in a relationship for seven years with someone. He confirmed it through a short but sweet instagram post and even revealed they are having a child.

It was also announced that the two are getting married soon. Armin Arlert's girlfriend, Annie Leonhart, has been inactive in social media following the dating scandal. It was rumored that she was the president of Armin's fans club and was also Armin's make-up artist. And now, Vanessa decided to break her silence about the romance.

Here is Vanessa's full statement :

"I've always avoided answering questions about them. But everyone has been so persistent and I know I have to break my silence. It is true that she was Armin's make-up artist on our set in our movie that was supposed to be released this year. However, no one really knew about them because they were so good at hiding."