42. Seven Minutes

Armin's parents visited earlier but also left immediately because they have to attend a meeting. News of Astra Maeve, out of the hospital, has been flooding the news. And when Armin posted a picture of her on all of his social media accounts, the news just got bigger. They really like some tea, huh?

And not long after Armin's parents left, a bunch of idiots came over. Of course, the number one idiot would be Eren. Followed by Jean, Connie, Sasha, Ymir, Mikasa, and Christa. They are all idiots. I hate idiots. But I just grew to like that about them. They're my idiots.

"I swear if you wake her up, I'll kill you." Armim threatened in a low voice after Connie accidentally made a noise near Astra. Connie flinched a bit and sat properly. Astra is currently sleeping on the electric rocking chair. Armin must've felt like a champion when Astra finally slept. He has been sleepless.

He does everything for me. He wakes up at midnight whenever Astra cries. He reads her bedtime stories. He sings her to sleep. He changes her diapers. He bathes her. He washes her clothes. He cleans her room. The only thing I do is breastfeed Astra. And with that, I already know that she will grow up to be a Daddy's girl. And I also know that Armin won't allow her to get a boyfriend. Ever.

"She looks like Armin. It pisses me off." Ymir said and smirked.

"Shut up, freckles." He rolled his eyes.

"You look like a fuck---", Jean was cut off when we all shushed him.

"The baby might hear you. You are such a bad influence. Shut up, Jean." Mikasa rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"Sure, Mika." Jean smiled at her.

"Stop being a creep and find another black-haired girl. Date all women who have black hair but not my Mikasa, Jean." Eren hissed and put an arm around Mikasa's shoulders. "What a creep!" He complained.

"You guys, Astra is awake." Christa announced. She instantly went to Astra and knelt down in front of her. The next thing I know, she is already carrying my daughter. And Astra seems to be enjoying her Auntie Christa's company a lot.

"Let me hold her." Mikasa frowned.

"Shut up, I will hold her next." Connie interrupted.

"No, dumbass. I will." Sasha said.

Jean and Ymir were also included in the fight on who to hold Astra next. But they stopped when she started crying loudly. I chuckled and stood up. Christa handed my daughter to me who is turning red already. "None of you will hold her next, for I will. She's probably hungry. So off I go to the baby room." I smiled and left them all.

~ • ~

Feeding her lasted for minutes. Then not long after, Armin came into the room and volunteered to change her diaper. I went to the living room where our friends are and sat on the sofa, beside Sasha.

"Sasha will be the next one to have a baby." Ymir said.

"Oh god no! I'd rather be the rich and single auntie who spoils your kids. So go on and make babies because I'll give them an allowance every month. Enough for them to buy the best gadgets and designer clothes." She said. "Babies are a big investment. I'd rather stay single my whole life." She continued.

"Same." Connie said.

"Why don't you two just marry each other?" Jean asked.

"If I marry, I wouldn't marry an idiot!" Sasha rolled her eyes.

"Shut up, you are the biggest idiot." Connie smirked.

"You two are idiots." Ymir smirked and kissed the top of Christa's head.

Armin went out of the baby room with Astra on his arms. He sat beside me but paid no attention to be but poured all his attention on our daughter. I rested my head on his shoulder and listened to everyone's discussion until I decided to speak up.

"Astra seriously needs a playmate already. Mhm. Don't you think so, Eren?" I asked.

"Yeah. Mikasa and I will surely work on that." We all cheered when he said that. "I will make sure it's a boy so Astra gets both a boyfriend and a playmate." Then, everyone went silent.

"No." Armin firmly said.

"She's gonna get to that point, Min." I said and kissed his cheek.

"I never thought Armin will get to this point. He was always stuck in the library before." Ymir said.

"Well, expect the unexpected." Historia answered.

"But if you expect the unexpected, wouldn't the unexpected be expected?" Jean suddenly asked. We all looked at him with judging eyes and sighed. "Why are y'all looking at me like that?" He asked.

Sasha covered his mouth and sighed. "Shut up. You'll thank me later."

~ • ~

"Bye everyone!" I said and waved my hand at them. It's just 9PM and whenever they come over, they usually leave later. Armin didn't see them off because he's playing with Astra om her bedroom.

I jumped a little when I felt strong arms snake around my waist. "It's just me, Schatz." He chuckled.

"Mhm. What about Astra?" I asked.

"She's sleeping so we don't have to worry a lot. Her, sleeping, means more time for us two." He whispered. He started roaming his lips around my neck and his hands around my body. I laughed and faced him. When we're already facing each other, he instantly grabbed my face until our lips brushed against each other. I returned his kisses with the same fervor. However, when I remembered what my doctor advised, I stopped kissing him back.

"What are you doing, Min?" I asked.

"Exploring my world." He smirked.

"That's so cheesy, to be honest. It's making me flinch." I laughed and he laughed with me. "But sure, that answer is acceptable. However, I am afraid that Auntie Lara said that I am not allowed to do it for four to six weeks. So I suggest that it would be better if you calm that down." I smirked before going to the bathroom to wash myself. Minutes later, I heard him knocking on the door.

"That's a little unfair but sure, I'll wait." He said and I only laughed as a reply. Poor Armin. But I am sure he will wait patiently.

"Be patient, Arlert." I said as if he would hear it.

~ • ~

"Schatz, I read somewhere that before or after death, we have seven minutes to recall our best memories. I don't know if it's true. But I hope it is." He shared.

"Really? Might test that someday." I laughed.

"Shut up, no." He frowned. "But if I die someday, I know that those seven minutes will compose mostly of you."

"Seven minutes isn't enough to recall the best memories I had with you." I smiled and kissed his forehead.

Not long after that, Armin dozed off to sleep. I can't help but stare at him in awe. I buried my head on the crook of his neck and wrapped my arm around him tighter, afraid that if I don't hold him tight, he might slip away. "Stay with me always. Don't leave." I whispered.

If that seven minutes is true, it would be like a storytelling of our love story and I am not complaining.

~ • ~

Thank you for reading!