08. Treasure

It's our last day here in Dauper then we'll transfer the taping to Utopia, which is an advantage to me. Tonight, we'll spend our time here in an open space in the forests of Dauper where two cabins, and a huge hot tub are located. I am not in the mood to bathe in the hot tub, tho.

"Armin!" Vanessa approached Armin while I am doing his make-up. I stopped and stood beside him. Vanessa held Armin's shoulders and looked at his reflection in the mirror. "Can I stay with you at Utopia?" She asked and my eyes widened. Then where will I stay?

"Van, no. I have---", Armin was cut off when Vanessa shook her head.

"Please? I really have nowhere else to stay in. I have nowhere else to go to. Please, please, please? Say yes, Armin." Vanessa begged. I remembered that I have a friend to stay with. Mikasa's house is large and she doesn't stay with anyone so I guess it'll be okay if Vanessa stays in our home, right? It's not a big deal.

"No." Armin said with a calm voice. Vanessa pouted and left his tent. Armin stood up and hugged me tight. "Hug me back, schatz." Armin said, and so I did.

"Why don't you let Vanessa stay with you for a while? It's only for a month then the taping is done. Come on, Armin. Don't be so mean." I said and rested my head on his shoulder. He has been rejecting Vanessa these days, and I wonder why. He has always been so bright and kind around her. So what is wrong with him?

"It's the only time I get to spend a whole month with you. Like, you will be the one I'll see when I go home from work. Don't tell me you're giving me away?" He released me from the hug and held my shoulders.

"Don't be so dramatic, Armin. We will always see each other at work. So chill, I will be with you always at work. I have Mikasa. She'll surely let me stay with her." I answered. "Please? Don't be so mean and rude at your co-star. Don't be childish, Armin." I scolded him and he nodded.

"Fine."

~ • ~

It is already the last scene taken here in Dauper. They are in front of the tub as they talk. They said their lines and finished in just two takes. None of them messed it up, and Armin did well. Vanessa too. She is such a talented woman. I admire her as an actress.

"Congrats!" They all greeted Armin and Vanessa as they finish the last scene here in Dauper. The scene touched me a lot. It's as if they weren't acting at all. Their tears, facial expressions, and how they say the words. Who wouldn't be touched? They're so talented and amazing!

I was shocked when Vanessa approached me and hugged me. When she released me from the hug and held my left hand. My heart skipped a beat when she stared at my engagement ring. She smiled and sighed.

"Schatz. It's treasure, indeed." Vanessa smirked and touched the ring. "Schatz means treasure by the way. I wanna know how it feels to be called schatz. To be called treasure. It's majestic, isn't it?" She asked and I gulped. Why do I feel like she knows something? Why does it feel like she knows about Armin and I? Did I make it obvious?

"I don't know. I haven't been called like that. But I guess it's indeed majestic like how you guessed." I took my hand from her grip and smiled. I walked away and went back to the cabin where the girls stay on. I removed my ring and looked at it a while before I put my rings back on the velvet box.

"Schatz?" Armin called and I was startled. He looked at me with worried eyes before he locked the door. "Don't worry no one will try to open the door. They are busy at the hot tub. Even Vanessa." He said and I nodded slowly. He sat beside me and looked at the box I am holding.

"Armin, could it be possible that Vanessa knows something about us?" I asked and he frowned.

"I think no. She doesn't eavesdrop." Armin said. "Why? Did you sense something wrong, schatz?" He asked and I shook my head. He smiled and hugged me tight.

"I am sorry. I am a bit paranoid, Armin." I apologized and he only laughed. "It's not something to be laughed about. I don't want to take you down with me. As much as possible if I go down, it should be me only." I explained and he caressed my back.

"If you go down, I go down with you. And then we'll slowly get up together. Hand in hand." He kissed me on my cheek and smiled. "I don't see myself spending my life with someone who is not you, and I don't ever wanna see that." Our foreheads touched. He leaned closer until our lips collided.

And one touch of his lips, made me feel like home.

~ • ~

It's already 3AM but I still can't sleep. I looked around and saw that everyone is sleeping. Probably tired from the little party they had. I knew I should've participated so I would've gotten drunk and I would've been sleeping heavily and peacefully right now.

I stood up carefully, trying not to make a single sound. I took my silk robe and wore it. I tied it into a ribbon before I walked to the door and opened it. I wore my outside slippers and just stood at the porch. Thanks to my so clear eyesight, I saw Armin in the gazebo. He is bathing in the hot tub alone. I slowly walked to the gazebo.

"Schatz." He called me as I stand in front of the hot tub. "Do you mind joining me as I bathe in this huge hot tub alone at 3AM?" He asked.

"Not at all." I answered. I untied the ribbon of my robe and let it drop on the floor, I also removed my slippers. I used the small stairs of the hot tub and hopped in it. Armin held my waist pulled me closer to him, gently. He smiled at me and kissed me deep. I responded to his kiss, moved with the flow of his lips. He bit my lower lip and used it as an entrance for his tongue. It was like my mind was blown when he sucked my lower lip.

"So schatz means treasure huh?" He smiled and nodded. "You should've told me, I wouldn't cringe. I actually find it cute that you're using a different language as a callsign for me. But why did you choose that?"

"Let's just say because..you are someone who should be treasured, Annie." He answered and kissed me on my forehead. "Your importance to my life is ineffable."

~ • ~

Armin and I returned to our cabins at 4AM. When I entered the cabin, Vanessa welcomed me. She opened the lights, and I am glad that the others were heavily asleep. They are in a deep slumber.

"Where did you go?" She asked.

"I took a dip at the tub, Vanessa. Sorry if I bothered you. I'll just take a bath." I excused myself. I was about to leave in front of her and go to the bathroom but she held my arm.

"Do it quickly, it's cold. You might get sick." She said with a cold tone. I nodded and ran to the bathroom.

She's acting weird...

~ • ~

Chapter Eight, done. Thank you for reading!