1. Yes mom.

Hello my dear readers, I have / I am redoing this book cus it's been a while :)

Warnings:
Mention of death
Swearing
( really sorry if I missed something out)

Y/n's POV:
Ever since my father died when i were 7 years old, i had always had a difficult relationship with mom. I never really knew how or why dad died, mom never told me anything, all I remember is her telling me he's dead, and that I'm never gonna see him again, and me balling my eyes out. Mom would always seem in a bad mood when talking to me or whenever i was around, yet over the many years living in in her stupid house I  ended up getting used to her shitty attitude. I'm 16, so only 2 more years until I can move out anyways.

My name is y/n, I have wavy,medium length black hair, brown eyes, and I'm actually good at math.

For the the past few months, mom hasn't let me out out of the house, only to go to school, im in year 11, and studies have been stressful, but even when I had free time im never allowed to go out with friends or do anything to do with being social. I've practically been begging her to let me go out and get some new clothes, because as we all know im a growing teen, im gonna eventually grow out of certain clothes, yet the only clothes she would replace were my school clothes, because she didn't want her daughter to be look like an idiot, or as she puts it, a disappointment. I soon gave in, I knew she wasn't going to listen whenever I asked so what was the point in even asking anymore.

It was Sunday morning, 10:23am, I was sitting peacefully on my bed when I heard a creak coming from the door as it opens, I lift my head up from my phone seeing mom, yet she didn't come in to talk to me. She goes straight to my closet, she starts pulling shirts out one by one, checking the sizes.

I hear her mutter every few seconds as she searches for the sizes of my clothing. "Get the fuck up, we are going shopping since your whiny ass won't stop asking to go, if you're going to be going out, then I'm supervising you, try dress presentable for once." She snarls.

"Gee, what's up your ass this morning" i mutter to myself as she closes my door.

I end up doing what she asked, getting changed into something that actually sorta fitted. After, I head down into the living room to wait.

'This is going to be interesting' i began thinking about the possible outcomes to this shopping trip.

Mom walks out into the living room, "get up we are leaving" she snarls, "yes mom.." i say quietly as you get up and head out the door.

After all her outbursts she has had due to " my disrespectful behaviour " I find it better to stay quiet around her, if I don't say anything, there's nothing to fight about.

I heard the car unlock as I walk behind mom, and open the door open sitting in the passenger seat. She starts driving, when i hear her sigh, not knowing what she was going to say, i got a little anxious, did I do something wrong already? Fuckk.

"Look, I'm hungry, do you want anything because I'm stopping in at McDonald's." Hearing the words tumble out her mouth, i couldn't believe what I was hearing, she, asked me, if I wanted something from McDonald's-!?

My face lit up, excited that she was offering to buy me junk food, which doesn't happen often, like i get fed, she doesn't starve me, but mostly just stuff from home, not take out or anything.

After 25 minutes of driving, ordering and eating food, we arrive at the mall. She parks the car, and signals me to get out, so i do, waiting while she does the same, and we walk into the mall. I quietly sigh as I try to calm my raising anxiety.

"everything will be fine" i mutter quietly to yourself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
759 words
Date started : 29/03/21
Date finished: 29/03/21
Date published: 29/03/21
Edited: 08/06/21
Edited again: 12/12/22

Edit from future me:
Ello! I promise the chapters get longer as you read, but it gets more interesting as well! So stay turned  :)

Edit from the better me:
Holy shit the book is cringe, if u want, keep reading, it gets a little juicy, but no spoilers ofc ofc ;]