4~ May as well be dead

Y/N ~ Your Name

Also, please when reading, make sure to vote and comment, it helps me to know you enjoy reading the chapters and to help me know what to do more of. <3333

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Family. The one group of people who should be with you to the end. The few people that you can count on whenever you are in need. Not everyone has a perfect family. Some people only have one parents, or have complications in the way that stop everyone from getting along, however, that's how life works. It would be almost impossible for everyone and everything to be perfect. Some people feel as though they don't have a family, feel disconnected from their siblings, parents, cousins; you name it. However, if you look closely, you will always find someone, or something to call your family; friends, characters, a book, somewhere you least (or most) expect it, you will always find a home.

"Morning Kate" The girl beamed as she had finally gotten herself up and ready for the day. The day dark, and the rain prominently dripping down the dust glazed glass. Rain was always a favourite weather of Y/N, she felt her worries becoming washed away along with the rain, and the slight sound of the tapping mesmerized her, making her mind rid the bad and obstructive thoughts she endued every minute. "Morning Y/N, your mom has eaten, well to the best she can. I cleaned her, and changed her clothes. Have a good day at work" The woman replied.

Kate was a youngish woman, around her 20's. She had sorrel coloured hair, down to her bum. It was well kept, either always straightened, or curled. Never a mess, she was a very well maintained, and very kindhearted woman. The young woman agreed to look after Y/N's mom, she was always a family friend, and when Y/N expressed the stress she was encountering, the brown haired girl was more than happy to help.

"Can you tell me what's wrong with her?" Y/N questioned. The constant worries and questions she had, had to be answered. And if it wasn't today, it was never going to happen.

She had a couple minutes to spare before she had to head off to work. Seeing her mom like this, alive but never talking, always looking out the window. Never wanting to eat, slowly becoming less humane each day, Y/N couldn't bare to watch it without knowing what she was going through, and if she would get better.

"How long do you have?". "About 10 minutes".
"Your mother is in what we call an awake coma. She can hear, touch, smell and do everything, however she's unresponsive, and physically blocks herself from doing everyday activities. Such as bathing, eating. She has no appetite, and nothing to help her to do it. As much as we want to help, and even if we try to encourage her, she won't budge no matter what. I'm sorry dear but there's just no hope"

"What are you saying Kate?"

"Your mom, she may as well be dead" Those 8 word. 8 small words that were strung together hurt. Felt like she had been taken over, like she had been cursed, or tortured. All those words did, was hurt Y/N more than she already was.

The tears Y/N held back weren't from shock, or sadness; from disappointment. She felt like it was her fault, like if she had acted before hand, maybe been with her mom, rather than be annoyed at her, then her mom would have never ended up like this. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Work was boring. The same familiar faces popping in and out, as well as a lovely visit from Mrs potter. The day has lightly began to brighten up, the winds kept their pace, however the rain had become a drizzle, and the sun slowly beginning to show itself.

"Well it's been awhile" The familiar voice rang, as Jacob found himself in the shop, hoping to see Y/N, and hopefully talk to her. The lads were taking a break today, as they had just announced they were going on tour. You may wonder if they had just announced a tour, shouldn't they be practicing? Well; yes, however Jacob had told them he wanted to visit Y/N and get her name and a bit about her, so they decided to take the day off.