• t h i r t e e n •

A crowded hospital was not where Kuroo thought he would be spending his day. Kuroo held his boyfriend close as he sniffled, his eyes puffy. 

Natsu had gotten into an accident, but she was stable. She was still able to breathe. Hinata's mother came out of the hospital room and walked over to them.
     "You guys can go. You have school tomorrow. I'll stay and watch her." 

"Can I spend the night with Tetsuroo tonight?" The orange haired woman nodded as she ran her fingers through her hair. "C'mon, babe. Let's go." Kuroo picked up his lover and carried him down the hall after saying goodbye to Hinata's mother.

  "K-Kuroo?"

"Yeah?" 

"Is she going to be okay?" 

"Yeah, she'll be okay."

The black haired male placed his boyfriend in the front seat and gave him his jacket as a blanket. As they drove to Kuroo's home, rain started to pour down on them. Hinata held his lovers hand as they drove through the wet weather.

As soon as they got home, the rain stopped and the setting sun showed through the break of clouds. They entered the home, Kuroo's dad not there once again. They slipped of their shoes and walked into the kitchen. 

"Do you want some tea?" 

Hinata nodded, still sniffling. Kuroo got to work and boiled some water in a kettle. They waited in silence, not having anything to say.

" It should have been me.

 " What? No! Don't say that! It didn't have to be anyone! "

Kuroo went around the counter and hugged his boyfriend, " Nobody deserves it, and nobody should have been it. " 

Hinata sobbed into his black haired boyfriends chest. 

" There you go, let it go."