• e i g h t e e n •

Shoyo pushed around his food as he thought about his dream last night. He hoped he'd forget about it like all his other dreams but unfortunately this one stuck gum in hair. He desperately wants to cut it off and call it a day but something kept screaming 'No!' from the back of his head. "Do you not like your breakfast? I could whip up something else or make cereal." Kuroo leaned on the bar counted in front of his boyfriend. "Oh, no it's perfectly fine. I just...have something on my mind." Shoyo said as he pushed an egg into his mouth. 

Kuroo was an excellent cook and Shoyo didn't want it to seem like what he had made was gross. "Do you want to talk about it?" Kuroo raised a hand to push back Shoyo's ginger strands but his boyfriend shifted away. "Uhm...No. But thanks for the concern." Shoyo said as he finished off his food and got off his seat. "Thank you for breakfast but I should be heading home. My mom must be worried..."

Kuroo slightly frowned but nodded nonetheless. "Yeah, you're right. I could drive you?" Shoyo agreed to the request and went up stairs to grab his stuff. He didn't want Kuroo to know because it might seem like he still liked Tobio, which he didn't. At least, he hoped he didn't. His feeling were all over the place and it wasn't safe to assume things so fast. 

Shoyo's fingers brushed over his dry lips and lingered there longer than intended. The kiss Kageyama gave him was rough, yet tender. A feeling Shoyo shamefully missed. Now that he thinks about it, their relationship was a pearl. It was nothing then it became something and in the end, it turned into something beautiful and deceitful. 

So shiny that it had to be put away and kept somewhere safe, somewhere dark where it would eventually wither. But it still shines, it shines so fuckin g bright that sometimes Shoyo thinks he's still in love with Kageyama Tobio, his crazy ass ex. "Shoyo? You good?" Kuroo questioned as he waved a hand in front of the gingers face. Shoyo snapped out of his trance and looked at Tetsurou. Shoyo smiled as he grabbed the last of his things, "Yeah I'm fine. I just got lost in thought." 

As they proceeded down the stairs, out of the house, and into Kuroo's car, Shoyo couldn't help but think of that song. The song that perfectly described what he was feeling. Though, instead of falling in love with a war, Shoyo fell in love with the king that commanded it. 

(double chapter? oh my goshh)