Chapter 5 (Trigger Warning)

A/N: Trigger Warning for abuse.

"Oh...Oh God."

"Oh, fuck."

"Oh! Oh! God, oh! Oh, God!"

"Oh, fuck! Oh, God, fuck!"

"FUCK!"

"Oh my God! Faster! Faster! Oh God! Yes!

Chris and Eve were currently yelling at the TV, watching a hockey game at Chris' house. They were on the edge of their seats with their eyes wide. They were anticipating their team to score.

Why, what did you think they were doing?

Instead of one of her usual dresses or skirts, Eve settled for a more casual, yet still conservative outfit that her dad would let her leave the house in. Her curly hair was piled into a high pony tail. She was wearing a bright orange, black and white flyers jersey, a knee length jean skirt, and brown ankle boots. No glasses, no makeup, no nail polish. She also wore her usual diamond stud earrings and cross necklace. Her tan messenger bag of art supplies sat next to her.

"YES!" Chris and Eve shout and stand as they Flyers win the game. Chris grabs Eve from behind, lifts her up and spins her around, sending her laughs through the air. They'd met up at Sheetz today and came back to Chris' place for the game.

Chris sets Eve down and she laughs. She looks out the window.

"Shit. Is it gonna rain?"

Chris follows her gaze out the window, "Looks like it."

"Great. Rain means humidity, and humidity means frizzy hair for me."

"It's in a ponytail, you'll be fine."

Eve turns to face Chris, "Do you not know anyone with curly hair?" She asks, "Chris, on a productive day, I may be the only person on this entire planet that puts more effort into their hair than you do."

Chris laughs, "Is that so?"

Eve nods, "I work hard to make it look the way it does, and it still looks like a rat's nest half the time. I suppose it could be worse, but that's a bit of a stretch."

They sit down on the couch and Eve sets her feet in Chris' lap. He rests an arm on top of her legs. Eve grabs her camera and snaps a picture. You couldn't see his face, but you could see his tattooed arm over her legs and her feet in his lap.

This didn't faze Chris much. He was used to Eve taking pictures of everything by now and decided not to question it. Eve set the camera down and resumed with what she was saying before.

"We had to paint this model in school once and her hair was a lot like mine, but it was longer and they made it frizzy on purpose. It really pissed me off 'cause she actually looked good like that."

Chris laughs, "You look fine, Eve."

"I won't once we step outside." Eve says, "Anyway, I remember painting that girl that day. That was actually a really good day."

"Do you do well in school?"

"Mhm. And I already have a decent clientele of people that buy my art. I have to do all of my art in my room though. All of my school assignments, things my clients want, things just for me; I have to do all of it in a cramped corner in my room. Which is fine, for now, but it'd just be so much easier if I had an actual studio where I could work."

"Living outside that house you live in would be even easier."

"Yeah, but my dad is paying for me to go to college, and I got half of my clientele because he recommended me to them. The least I can do is help him around the church and the house a bit."