Chapter 20

Chris opens his eyes the next morning and Eve wasn't next to him. This was nothing new. However, there was a note from her this time. This was new. Eve was apparently out back.

Chris stretches, then stands and throws on some clothes. He decides to go outside and see where his girlfriend may be. As her note said, she was in the back. She was laying out in the sun in a small, black bikini.

"Why is it that I never wake up next to you?" Chris asks.

"Well good morning to you too." Eve says, "I know this may be a strange sight for you as most of the females you hang out with don't like the sunlight," She says, standing up, "But I find it to be quite enjoyable at times."

Chris looks Eve up and down, as she was hardly wearing anything. Her hair was back to its frizzy, curly state, and it hung over her shoulders. She had her weight shifted to one leg and a hand on her hip. She looked incredibly sexy.

"I am loving this whole 'transformation' thing." Chris says.

"Well. I'm finally able to be myself. And right now, myself wants to go skinny dipping in the lake." Eve says, reaching behind her and untying her bikini top before dropping it to the ground, "You wanna join me?" She asks with a smirk. She then runs off. Chris laughs, then runs off after her.

x

The flames in the fireplace crackled, bringing more warmth to the bedroom. Eve lay on her stomach, the sheets covering the lover half of her body, her bare back exposed. Chris lightly traced random patterns on her back with his fingers and played with Eve's hair.

"You better not get your fingers tangled in my hair." Eve jokes.

Chris laughs, then grows serious, "Do I ever tell you how beautiful you are?"

"Several times a day."

"Good, because you are."

"Really?"

"Yes. I love every single inch of you." Chris says before kissing her.

They come apart and Eve begins to trace all of the patterns and designs tattooed on Chris' arms.

"I want more tattoos." She says, "I'll have to think about getting more once we get back home. That'll be how I keep myself entertained when you're gone. You leave Wednesday, right?"

"Yeah."

"So I only have today, tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday to just...be with you before you leave for months...I'm gonna miss you."

Chris kisses her forehead, "I'm gonna miss you too, baby."

There's a pause, then Eve smiles.

"But I'll be the first one to see you when you get home." She says, "God, I can't believe this is my life now. I love that I'm yours and I love that you're mine and I just love...this, us, you."

Chris smiles, "I love it too." He says, "Although, I do kinda miss sneaking around with you. It was kind of...sexy."

"I don't miss it one bit. I love that I finally get to hug you and kiss you and be with you in public without having to worry about my dad. And besides, you can touch my butt in front of people now."

"This is true. And I do enjoy that." Chris says. He then grows serious, "You know...when you first told me that the only way for us to see each other was to sneak around, I had no idea it was because your dad would hit you because you were hanging out with me."

"If I'd told you that from the very beginning, would you have let the friendship continue?"

Chris thinks, then shakes his head, "No. It wouldn't have been worth risking putting you in danger. But by the time I did find out, I was too in love with you to let you go and stay with him. I wanted to get you away."