Chapter 16

A/N: IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM PLEASE READ.

Chris and Eve went out the next day as planned. Eve wore an outfit that would cover her bruises on her body and wore makeup and sunglasses to cover the ones on her face. It was actually a pretty normal day for the most part and it made Eve and Chris feel more confident about their situation.

Chris wakes up next to Eve and smiles. She was laying on her stomach and her crazy curls were all over the place. Chris chuckled to himself. He gently reached over and brushed Eve's hair out of her face. She had her nose and ear piercings in. She probably had her bellybutton ring in too. She'd washed off her makeup the night before, and now her perfect freckles were visible once again. Unfortunately, so were her bruises.

As if on cue, Eve opens her eyes and immediately smiles, "What are you doing?" She giggles.

"Just looking at your pretty face." Chris says.

Eve's smile grows, "I think I have too many freckles."

"Haven't you ever heard the saying 'A girl without freckles is like a night without stars'?"

"I don't believe I have."

"Well it's true." Chris says before kissing her. They come apart, smiling.

"There really isn't anything you'd change about me?" Eve asks.

"Well. Maybe in a few years I'd change your last name."

"My last name?"

"Yeah. And then I'd give you mine. 'Cause, y'know, I'm nice like that."

Eve smiles and blushes, "I think I'd be down for that."

"Cool." Chris says, smiling, "What time are your classes today?" He continues.

"They start at one."

Chris snakes his tattooed arms around Eve and pulls her to him so that she was snuggled into his chest.

"Well in that case, I plan on keeping you here with me until aboooouuuuuutt 12:57."

Eve giggles, then sighs, "That sounds perfect."

"How are your scars holding up?"

"I don't know." Eve says before tugging at her shirt. Chris lifts the back of it up and checks out the bright red markings on her back.

"Definitely better; not great, but better. On the bright side though, the hives are pretty much gone." Chris says, "How do you feel?"

"Better I guess. They still hurt." Eve says, pulling her shirt down.

"You sure you still wanna go to class today?"

"Yes, I'll be fine."

"You sure?"

"Yes, love."

"Okay. Coffee sound good?"

"Always."

x

Chris walked into Eve's studio from the kitchen with two mugs of coffee. Eve was painting. Her hair was piled into a bun and her glasses were perfectly balanced on her face.

She was painting a church.

Paul's church.

Paul's church on fire, to be exact.

"Still mad, huh?" Chris asks, handing Eve the coffee mug.

"Yup." Eve says taking the mug and sipping out of it, "Mmm. Thanks."