Chapter 13

George was feeling unsettled. They had been in Tubbo's village for about three weeks now, and he wanted to leave.

But the others seemed happy.

George was sitting in a small field of flowers by the village, flipping through a book he had taken out from the library. It was called The Undisguised Hero.

It reminded him of Dream for some reason.

"How ya doing George?" Wilbur sat down beside him.

"To be honest? Not great," George closed the book, sighing, "I want to leave this place."

Wilbur nodded, "me too. It's unsettling that we've stayed in one place for so long."

George stared at him, surprised, "really? I thought you were happy here."

"Ah, my acting is great, ain't it?" Wilbur winked playfully, "no, but seriously, it sucks here."

"Karl seems okay finally though... I don't want to ruin that," George remembered his particularly grumpy friend.

"Well, he could be acting too," Wilbur shrugged, getting up, and then held out his hand, "whatever the case, we have to leave."

Wilbur helped George up, and the brunette brushed himself off, "I suppose."

"Come on, let's go find the others."

----

"Guys, we've stayed here for way too long now, it's time we get moving," George said, standing by a table in which Tubbo, Ranboo, Karl, and Quackity were sitting at.

"But it's safe here. There's no portal," Quackity pointed out.

"That's true, but... I have a bad feeling," George shuddered. Quackity sighed, "alright."

"I actually would like to stay. Tubbo and I have become friends and... it's peaceful here,"Ranboo smiled softly. Tubbo's eyes lit up, "really? You'll stay?"

Ranboo nodded and the brown haired boy pulled the half enderman into a hug, "oh thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"We'll miss you Ranboo," Karl smiled sadly, and then got up from his seat, "we better go pack."

————

Dream glanced at Techno, who was limping forward, confidence in his uneven step.

"I'm exhausted, can we rest somewhere?" Niki looked over to Techno, who thought for a moment, and then agreed. They gathered under a tree, sitting down.

Dream let out a small sigh of relief, his legs were so tired.

Niki opened her backpack, taking out gauze and anti-infection ointment that a healer had even her before she left.

Her leg seemed to be getting better, however it was quite obvious she'd have a scar when it was finally healed.

"Where exactly are we heading Techno?" Dream asked, grabbing a water bottle from his backpack.

"I'm not sure," Techno replied.

"How about we head that way?" Niki pointed into the distance, "that looks like a house."

"Huh... Oh yeah, it does!" Dream jumped up excitedly.

"Alright, but we have to be careful, if there's a portal we leave immediately," Techno warned, and his companions nodded.

"Let's go then."

————

"Thanks for everything Tubbo," George smiled, and the boy returned the smile, "no problem George! I'm happy to help!"

He waved good bye while he walked away as Tubbo called, "if you ever need anything, you'll know where to find me!"

George looked at his friends. Karl looked exhausted, Quackity was full of energy, and Wilbur was reading a map Tubbo had given them.

George decided to walk beside Karl, as he looked as if he was gonna fall asleep while he was walking.

"How are you holding up?" George asked the boy.

Karl shrugged, "I don't know, we just left a village that offered us safety, Sapnap's been gone for who knows how long, and he could be dead by now, Ranboo left us, and I'm so exhausted it hurts."

"I'm sorry, I just... I had a bad feeling," George murmured, and Karl huffed, "it's... fine."

He sensed that Karl no longer wanted to talk to him and kept quiet as they travelled farther and farther away from Tubbo's village.

———-

"Oh this is... nice." Niki looked around, her eyes landing on a small boy talking to a particularly... strange creature?

"Wait..." Dream gasped, "Ranboo?"

The boy turned as the sound of his name, and his eyes lit up as they landed on Dream, "hey!"

"If you're here..." Dream looked around, hoping to find a particular brunette boy.

"Sorry Dream, they left hours ago," Ranboo crossed his arms, "I didn't even ask where they were going."

Perhaps we could catch up to them...

"Who's this?" Techno looked down at the boy standing by Ranboo, who just waved politely.

"This is Tubbo!" Ranboo smiled as Tubbo squeaked out a little, "hi!"

Dream turned to Techno, "we have to catch up with George."

"Kid... I know you're worried and you wanna see him, but-"

"Wait where's Sapnap? Did you guys get split up?" Ranboo interrupted. Dream stayed silent, staring down at the ground as if it was suddenly interesting.

The more silence there was the more Ranboo became concerned, until he caught on, "is he... dead?"

Techno nodded, his eyes glossy, he was obviously trying not to cry. Dream was already crying softly and Niki had pulled him into a hug.

"Oh... Karl... He..." Ranboo looked off in the distance where his friends had stood a few hours earlier.

Dream pulled away from Niki, wiping his tears on his arm, "we have to go after them Techno."

Techno hesitated, but then nodded, "alright, fine."

"Oh! Let me restock your food and water before you go then," Tubbo smiled, and then went to go get the supplies.

"I see why you stayed," Dream smiled weakly and Ranboo nodded, "he's a great friend."

After Tubbo had brought the supplies out, they fit it into their bags, and then waved goodbye to the duo, walking off in the same direction their friends had earlier.

I hope we find them...

WC: 967

my motivation to write this chapter went like... 📈📉📈📉📈
hehe anyways, here ya goooo