Full Circle

AN: This chapter contains an excerpt from a book that is not mine. I do not own the words or the characters. The book is titled Sweet Persuasion by Maya Banks.

 The book is titled Sweet Persuasion by Maya Banks

Bzzz. Bzzz.

Uraraka awoke with a start. Her phone's intermittent vibrating roughly dragged her out of unconsciousness. Disoriented and groggy, Uraraka picked up her phone to find the source of the buzzing.

Her alarm was announcing that it was six in the morning and it was time to wake up and get ready for the first day of her second year as a U.A. student. Uraraka snoozed her alarm and settled back into her bed, closing her eyes as she let her brain slowly wake up. She had set her alarm extra early because she had been a different person last night, full of aspirations of stepping up her hero-in-training game and being the type of student that woke up early and trained. She also wanted to actually dress up this morning. As she said, she was a different person the night before.

Today, all she wanted was to go back to sleep and maybe wake up in a couple of hours.

Still, there was one specific reason why she wasn't letting herself drift off back into sleep. She needed to finish her novel today!

Groaning into her pillow, she finally peeled herself out of bed, grabbed her blanket and her book, and headed to the common room.

Thankfully, it was quiet and empty. Similar to that one time many suns ago when she had first begun the book. And like that day, she allowed the early morning stillness to envelop her as she made her way toward the kitchen to heat up water for tea.

Uraraka turned to face the window while her water boiled

Uraraka turned to face the window while her water boiled. The sun was rising, showering the common area with soft, golden light. It was quiet, the only sounds came from the birds outside and the kettle in front of her. If it wasn't because she thoroughly enjoyed her sleep, she might make a habit of waking up this early. Something about early mornings made her feel optimistic as if she could do anything she set her mind to. There were endless possibilities for baking in the early morning sun.

Staring out the window a sense of nostalgia began to take hold within. Second-year was about to start and with it, the craziness that All Might had promised would come. Would she ever know calm like this again?