Serendipity

Bakugo stared at Uraraka's door, bracing himself for what would come

Bakugo stared at Uraraka's door, bracing himself for what would come. He could hear the faint sound of sniffling from where he stood. This cut Bakugo deeper than any injury he had acquired on the battlefield. Knowing he was the cause made him feel like the biggest ass in the world. Instead of talking to her, he had let his insecurity and anger take hold and completely blew up on her.

He wasn't sure if he was in the headspace to have this conversation with her, but he couldn't bear the thought of leaving things as they were. At the very least, he had to know if he had fucked this up beyond repair.

He was not a stranger to losing his temper or yelling at a classmate, but he had never exploded on her. Not like that. And now she was crying. Because of him.

Bakugo knocked on the door gently despite every part of him wanting to break it down. He was in no position to be demanding anyway.

"I don't want to talk about it right now, Mina." Uraraka's shaky voice came from behind her door. She was sniffling in between each word, and Bakugo's heart clenched.

"It's not Mina," He said softly. The lump in his throat made it hard to get the words out. His heart pounded against his chest. The silence that followed was deafening. Images of him screaming at her in the locker room kept rushing to the forefront of his mind. His accusations that he was just her consolation prize. Not much embarrassed him, but his behavior toward her in that locker room definitely made the list.

If he felt like being honest, he was scared. Bakugo had never intended to fall in love. "Love" would not help in his lifelong goal of becoming the number one hero; therefore, it was deemed a colossal waste of time. In fact, "love" would actually be a hindrance. At its best, it would be a distraction. At its worst, it would be a huge liability. A weakness that villains could use against you.

Love had never been part of the plan.

Still, there was no denying that he was madly in love with Uraraka Ochako. The thought that he was possibly on the brink of losing her was not something he was willing to come to terms with. He needed her forgiveness because he wasn't ready to have this end. Not when it felt like they were barely getting started.

Bakugo thought about knocking again, but Uraraka pulled the door open with fury and snapped at him before he could make a decision. "What do you want?" Her voice was cold and distant, but he could hear the raw emotion beneath it. Her eyes were bloodshot red, and tears stained her cheeks, making her face glisten in the light.

Even pissed at him, she looked beautiful. Fuck.