Best Laid Plans

Lunch with Bakugo hadn't lost its novelty yet

Lunch with Bakugo hadn't lost its novelty yet...to her or to those around her.

It wasn't something they often did. Not now that they were "dating," and definitely not something they did before. In fact, other than today, they had only eaten lunch together once, opting to spend it with their friends instead.

That's not to say they hadn't spent time together in the last two weeks. They still went on jogs together. They would have dinner together. Hang out in the common area as they worked on their homework. Other than the hand-holding, Uraraka couldn't really see a difference between before and after. Should she feel anxious about it? She really had no point of comparison. Maybe this was how relationships were.

She knew that things between them had been incredibly PG ever since their brief make-out session in her room after their first date.

Two weeks and nothing.

Not even a good night peck on the cheek.

It had been dryer than the Sahara.

Again, maybe she had no point of comparison, but she thought it was too soon for that to start happening, right? It definitely wasn't an issue for Kirishima and Mina, she thought with a frown.

"What's up, Cheeks?" Bakugo asked, in what Uraraka assumed was his attempt at sounding casual. He was way too good at picking up the smallest changes in a person. It was a great trait for a hero, but Uraraka sometimes found it just a bit annoying.

"When are we going to have our rematch?" Uraraka asked, avoiding Bakugo's pointed glance while she took a bite of her rice, "You don't remember?"

"I remember." Bakugo said after a beat, "I just thought you had chickened out." He smirked at her before taking a bite of his fish.

"Excuse me?!" Uraraka exclaimed loudly, drawing in some unwanted stares from across the cafeteria. "Excuse me." She repeated again, but this time more composed.

Bakugo chuckled before returning to his meal.

He liked this

He liked this. Just the two of them having lunch together. After their first date quickly turned disastrous, Bakugo was positive Uraraka was not going to want anything to do with him, but he was quickly disproven. The heavy make-out session on her bedroom floor that night had done wonders for his ego. Still, every time she went a little silent or detached, those times when he would catch her frown...the worries would set back in.