Part 8

"HE DID WHAT?!" You shouted, making the entire hall go quiet.

"DRACO LUCIUS MALFOY YOU HAVE 5 SECONDS TO RUN BEFORE I BEAT THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF YOU!" You screamed while storming over to Draco.

You yanked him out of the Great Hall and into the hallway by his ear.

"Ow! What the hell, Y/n?!" Draco said, holding his now red ear.

"YOU started that rumor?! You know DAMN well I NEVER want to be a death eater! Why did you do it?!" You said in a somewhat raised voice.

He looked you in the eyes, "Because you shouldn't be hanging out with those worthless nobodies!"

You got so angry you smacked him across the face and screamed, "DON'T YOU EVER, EVER, CALL THEM THAT AGAIN! IN ONE DAY THEY HAVE BEEN MORE LIKE MY FAMILY THAN YOU HAVE MY ENTIRE LIFE! WHEN I WAS UPSET AND QUESTIONING MY WORTH BECAUSE OF THE RUMOR YOU STARTED, THEY WERE THERE FOR ME! ON MY FIRST DAY, THEY GAVE ME THE TOUR!  WHEN I GOT SORTED INTO HUFFLEPUFF, THEY WERE STILL THE SAME TOWARD ME AND DIDN'T TREAT ME LIKE GARBAGE, WORSE THAN GARBAGE! THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN BY MY SIDE! UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE!"

He just stood there looking at the floor.

You scoffed, "You just- I don't even know why I bother. You clearly don't care."

You walked away to your dorm and screamed into your pillow, which made you feel a little better, but not much. You felt betrayed and that was something you couldn't just shake off. You changed into sweats and a baggy sweater and decided to take a walk to cool off.

You made your way to the astronomy tower and just looked out at the view. You then remembered a muggle device you and Draco had gotten together a while ago. You reached in your pocket and pulled out a phone (just go with it).  You went on tiktok and watched videos until you felt calm enough to find the others.

~~

When you felt calm enough, you went to the Gryffindor common room to find the others.

Once you got there, you realized you didn't know the password. You went to leave when someone came out of the portrait.

"Y/n, thank Merlin! We were getting worried!" Hermione said, pulling you in a hug.

You pulled out, "I'm sorry, I just needed to cool off a bit."

"Well don't just stay out here, come in." She pulled you inside the common room.

You smiled at everyone, but then realized Fred wasn't there. You looked around, but you didn't see him.

When you noticed him walking down the stairs, you felt everything come rushing back. You knew he wouldn't betray you or hurt you in any way, which made it worse to think your own twin has. You ran to him and jumped into his arms, wrapping your legs around his waist and crying onto his shoulder.

He, luckily, caught you and put his arms around you and asked, "Hey, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

You shook your head, still crying and not looking up, "No. Why does he have to be like this?"

He rubbed your back, "Okay, it'll be okay. Let's go to my room and talk, alright?"

You nodded and he carried you up to his dorm.

He put you down on the edge of his bed and knelt down in front of you.

He wiped your tears then put his hands on your knees and looked into your eyes, "Okay, now tell me what's wrong."

You took a deep, shaky breath and told him everything from the start of the rumor until now.