XLV. Here Lies Bobby Wilson's Love Life

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

FUCK, I LUV MY FRIENDS — RENFORSHORTFuck, I love my friendsWithout them I'd be deadI know they're the only ones who'll love me 'til the end

Fuck, I love my friends
Without them I'd be dead
I know they're the only ones who'll love me 'til the end

MARCH, 1995.
FOUR MONTHS BEFORE.

ON A SUNNY March afternoon, Mikey Montez and Kat Mercer found themselves organizing black and white t-shirts into separate piles for their older siblings.

Sunset Curve had reached another milestone that week and received their very first box of merchandise to sell at their shows. They had been saving their money for months, and when they finally reached their goal, they wasted no time in heading down to the local print shop to order something their fans could buy to remember them by.

Reggie designed the whole thing and although his humble nature would never allow him to admit it, he was very proud of his creation.

On the front of the shirt was the band's logo and on the back was a graphic of the band sitting of the hood of his car, overlooking the cliff at Sunset Curve. The five teens loved it and they were really looking forward to their next gig. The mere thought of people wearing something with their name on it was electrifying. It make them feel like they were on their way to becoming rock legends.

In addition to their merch, they also had a bunch of new songs to play.

There was Late Last Night, which was written about Bobby and Allie's relationship after one of his many impromptu therapy sessions; Lakeside Reflection, which was a product of Luke's love for the band Rush and their song Lakeside Park; and In Your Starlight, which Olivia and Luke wrote about each other.

Their latest song, however, had to be their favourite.

Luke and Olivia had finally gotten around to writing that song she proposed last year after their first performance as a band. It was about dreaming of a better future but still living in the moment. It was laced with the feeling of being invincible, because in a way, they were. When they were together on stage, they knew they would never be hopeless and they could never be irreparably broken. They were untouchable.

The song was called Now or Never and it was currently blasting through the amps set up around the garage.

"Keep dreaming like we'll live forever, but live it like it's now or never!"

Olivia waited for the song to finish before leaning against her microphone stand. "It feels like it's missing something," she stated with a frown.

Alex got up from behind the drums and walked over to the coffee table where his water bottle sat. He flicked Kat's ear before twisting the cap open and taking a sip. "It is," he pointed out, "Bobby's not here."