The Perfect Team (Part 2)

Shayne won the first round of hot pepper Mario Kart, making everyone on the other team eat a chocolate. As is tradition, nobody got a spicy chocolate on the first round. Next up was Ify and Sarah. Shayne got up from the couch and gave everybody on your team double high fives, leaving you for last. As you slapped your hands together, Shayne held onto your hands for a moment too long, giving you a sweet smile. The brief encounter was interrupted by Damien making kissy noises at you two. You glared at the brunette, clearing your throat as you focused your attention back on the game. 

The next round came and went, Ify winning against Sarah. However, you couldn't pay attention to the game as Shayne and Damien sat behind you, riffing back and forth in Toad voices. Your cackling only being stopped by Ify standing up with his arms in the air as he cheered. Your team celebrated with him, hooting and high-fiving as the other team grumbled out annoyances. This time when they ate the chocolates, Courtney got a spicy boi, her screams for bread starting the second she put the chocolate in her mouth. 

"One down..." You said ominously into the camera. Damien put his chin on your shoulder and smirked into camera.

"Three to go!" He remarked in a deep voice, breaking into an evil laughter. Shayne and Ify joined in, the four of you laughing together before stopping abruptly. "And I will be going next!" Damien said in his normal voice, getting up from his chair and moving over to the couch. Your team shifted around, Shayne ended up sitting next to you. 

"This is working out pretty well..." He said, leaning towards you. "I can't wait for you to get in there and kick Matt's butt." 

You leaned towards him, your foreheads nearly touching. "You and me both." The two of you smirked at each other, your cheeks dusted crimson. As Damien and Ian began playing, you found yourself unconsciously leaning towards Shayne. You felt Shayne chuckle a bit. As you looked up to him, you realized that you were basically leaning on his chest. You bolted back into an upright position, your heart doing somersault. "Sorry... I-I couldn't see the screen." 

"Oh, I bet..." He smirked, grabbing the bottom and back of the chair and pulling your seat closer to his. You sent him a quizzical look, your cheeks flushing red. "To help you see better." He nodded before placing his arm around the back of your chair. 

"Would you two stop flirting and watch me kick Ian's ass?!" Damien shouted right before crossing the finish line. You faked a cheer, clapping your hands a few times to make it seem like you were paying attention. Damien stood up and turned to you and Shayne, shrugging a "what the hell?" before winking at the two of you. Everybody in the room "ooh'd" and "aww'd" at you and Shayne, making the two of you lean away from each other and give disgusted looks in an overexaggerated reaction. 

"No!" Shayne yelled. "Girl are Gross!" 

"Yeah, I'd never!" You laughed, sitting back down. Shayne sat down as well, but you gave each other the side eye for a moment before returning back to normal. 

"You guys are gross!" Ian yelled, pointing at the two of you. 

"Oh, eat your damn chocolate!" You yelled back, glaring at him. Ian's team ate another round of chocolates and this time, Sarah and Ian both got the spicy chocolates. The only person left on their team was Matt. And you were up next. You got up from your chair and stalked up to the #bestref. "Looks like it's just you and me now!" 

"I'm not worried." He puffed his chest out, gloating. "Cuz you said you were awful at Mario Kart and I fully intend on making every single one of you eat the chocolates!" He pointed at your whole team. "Starting with you!" He shoved his finger in your face, making you jerk back a bit. 

"I did say that." You nodded, grabbing your controller and getting situated on the couch. 

"You ride that hubris into the sunset, buddy..." Ify laughed, lounging at the back of set. You peeked back at your team and winked at them. Matt, being the kind of guy he was, picked the hardest map on the game: Rainbow Road. When you started, you let Matt get ahead of you, having the perfect plan in your head. While he soared through the map, you began collecting items to be able to throw at him. The boys cheered you on, the entire room being filled with the chants and encouragements from both teams.