Emergency

*Warning: Mention of blood* 

Being an EMT was one of the greatest decisions you've ever made in your life. You had wanted to be an EMT since you were a child. Your dad used to put you on his lap and drive the ambulance around the parking lot of the hospital when you were little and ever since then, you were hooked. You loved the exciting nature of the job, never quite knowing what you were going to roll up on when you were called. It could be grueling at times, but overall you found the experience incredibly grounding. 

Another thing you loved about the job was where you'd get called too. Along with the normal places you'd go to (nursing homes, schools, home visits), you were frequently asked to station yourself outside of film sets. You rarely had to do anything, but much like the ambulance you'd see at the field of a football game, you were there as a precaution. However, today's trip to a film set was not pre-planned. 

You were sitting next to your vehicle, attempting to get your coffee in before you began your day, but that proved to be difficult as your partner for the day, Mark, came into the garage. 

"Hey, we got a call!" 

You got up, grabbed your coffee, and made your way to the ambulance. "Where to?"

"Some studio in Burbank. Guy broke his leg during one of their shoots." 

You quirked an eyebrow at Mark. "Action movie?"

"Nah we would've been called to sit outside if it was." 

"True..." You reached for the drivers side door, but Mark beat you to it. 

"No way, (y/n/n)! You got to drive last time, it's my turn."

"But-"

"No buts! I had to sit in the back with that girl who's tonsil stitches opened up while she was at band camp last week."

"That wasn't that bad..." You rolled your eyes as you walked around to the passenger side. 

"Well the next time we pick up some kid puking up blood, you can take them." Mark buckled in and glared over at you. You returned it for a minute before smirking and lightly punching his shoulder. 

"You love me." You smiled. 

"Love is a strong word." Mark chuckled as he pulled out of the hospital's parking lot. "I love my boyfriend. I love Grey's Anatomy..." He peeked over to you. "I tolerate you." 

"Jerk..." You smiled and shook your head, looking out at the busy LA streets. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you got to the building, you noticed a few people standing outside of the building waiting for you. Once you were parked, you jumped out and went to the back to get the gurney out. Mark went to talk to the group about what was going on. After a few moments, Mark joined you. 

"Alright..." Mark started, grabbing the end of the gurney as you began pushing it out of the vehicle. "One of their guys slipped while doing some stunt in there and landed pretty hard on his knee. They say he can't move at all without it hurting."

"Got it." Once the gurney was on the ground, you hopped out of the back and followed Mark into the building. As you passed the group, you smiled, nodding your head at them. There was a blonde girl, a guy with multicolored, checkered hair, and an asain girl all standing with worried expressions on their faces. When you got into the room, you saw a group of people standing around a dark-skinned man laying on his back on the ground. He was writhing back and forth and groaning in pain. "Alright everybody, if you could give us some room so we can help him, that would be wonderful!" The group parted and you lowered the gurney. You approached the man and knelt down next to him. "Hey, man, we're gonna get you out of here and get this legs fixed up. Can you tell me your name?"