| chapter 7 |

"i apologize for all the time you've wasted for this."

"don't worry about it, i'm sure you have your reasons," changkyun showed rika a reassuring smile.

"thank you for understanding," rika thanks him.

"i should get going, i wish you all the best from here, miss arai."

the man is escorted out of the building and rika leans back in her chair. was mr. im really okay with this? was it really that easy?

"how did it go?" yuqi enters with two cups of coffee, placing one in front of the japanese girl.

"way easier than i expected," she sighed, taking a sip of the beverage she was given.

"that's good. you don't seem pleased though," yuqi took notice of the older's unsettled state.

"it's because it was so simple. all i had to say was that i didn't want to and he just replied with an 'okay.' i expected him to try and persuade me away from my decision but he didn't."

"that is odd. especially from the im changkyun. he's such a whiny, rich bitch," yuqi retorted, rika agreeing with her statement.

"i'm not stupid, but neither is he. he knows what he's doing," rika stood up from her seat and paced back forth.

"let's not worry about this too much, okay? we have a mission coming up so we should focus on that for now," yuqi says, earning a nod from the other latter.

"you don't have me convinced mr. im, but i'm afraid i don't have you convinced either do i?"

"there's no way we can go through with this mission with just the seven of us," soojin shook her head.

"well we're going to have our head combat team there too," shuhua stated.

"but still, that's only seven more people. this location is huge, fourteen people can't cover it fully alone," rika reasons, holding her chin between two fingers.

"we can't throw anyone else in from our tandem, it's either they aren't trained enough for this or not trained at all. this mission is definitely one of our more dangerous ones," soyeon explained.

the women paused for a moment, each one of them thinking of a solution. miyeon types away on the computer, looking more into the location as shuhua watches the screen from beside her.

"i know," rika suddenly says, grabbing everyone else's attention.

"what is it?"

"yuta is our ally isn't he? call him."

"why'd you call me over here?" yuta asks his tech team member.

"(g)i-dle called, they need help with a mission," mark explained.

"o-oh?" was all yuta could say.

"they were hoping to have you and the boys head over there today at four," the younger one continued.

"alright. i'll let the boys know. thanks mark," yuta says before rushing out the room.

"be ready by four, we're heading to (g)i-dle's headquarters. they need help with a mission," the japanese man walks into the lounge where johnny, taeyong, haechan and doyoung were, taken back from the sudden arrangement.

"oh uh, alright," was all taeyong could say before yuta could head out the door.

"he seems excited," doyoung chuckled.

"of course, he gets to see his love again," haechan joked, making all of them laugh.

all six lads got into the van and drove off to the girls' headquarters.

as they park in front of the building and hop out of the vehicle, haechan stares in awe.

"damn, what kind of money is she getting," he scoffs.

"focus dumbass," doyoung smacks the back of the younger's head.

"thank you for showing up. at this time your help is really appreciated," the boys are greeted by soyeon as they walk through the door.

"of course, we're allies now," yuta smiles.

the latter leads the group to the meeting room that yuta was shown when he first came here. the first thing that caught his eye was rika sitting at the very end of the table.

"welcome boys, have a seat," she gave them a welcoming smile.

"i'll get right to the point. recently we found out this man named sung joohyun has been stealing drugs from various crime groups and selling them to buy himself into other mafia groups," rika began, showing the men the tablet screen. it displayed a picture of the said 'sung joohyun' and the collected information about him typed out in an organized fashion.

"once he has bribed bosses to let him in, he kills them and takes whatever he wants. money, drugs, weapons, people, building sites. anything that is useful to him, his wealth and power."

"we'll be heading to this location in three days which is why we called you guys over. there's only seven of us and seven in our head combat team. us alone cannot cover the location fully which is dangerous," soojin speaks up.

"what's the game plan?" doyoung questions.

"an event will be held that day. we have to disguise ourselves as if we are just normal attendees. our head combat team will be covering the ground floor while we will be covering the second and rooftop," rika explains, pointing at the different checkpoints that they have marked on the screen.

yuta and the boys listened intently. the japanese man glances at rika from time to time, intrigued on how serious and focused she was at the moment. he never thought he'd see her leading a mafia group into a dangerous mission ever.

rika continues to explain where joohyun will be throughout the night and what he'll be doing.

"there is no doubt that he has a stacked team to back him up while he goes on his little charade. fortunately we will be able to identify them as they wear a small pin on their collars," she then shows them a picture of a sage tinted metal pin which is shaped into an infinity symbol.

"he is most likely to begin his theft and tricks in the casino which is on the second floor. whoever is assigned to that area will have to keep a sharp eye on him. we'll eventually figure out who'll be watching that area among us," soyeon continues, "any questions?"

the boys look amongst themselves before shaking their heads.

"it sounds good to me," yuta says and leans back in his seat.

"great, we'll send you guys the full details tonight and we can have a meeting the night before to finalize and prepare everything," after rika's last words, the boys are dismissed and exit the building.

"never thought i'd ever hear her talk like that," haechan mutters.

morina was known as the optimistic, soft spoken sweetheart who wouldn't even think of hurting a fly. now here she is, planning to assassinate someone.

"i find it so odd, but so hot," yuta smirks making everyone else grimace.

"that was not necessary," doyoung sassed.

the rose gold short fitted dress hugged the young woman's curves tightly while her legs were accentuated with her matching stilettos.

the female group were no doubt styled greatly but also just enough to be able to fit in.

"are they here?" rika subtly whispers to soojin.

"yes, they arrived around 5 minutes ago," the black haired latter responds.

"good."

as they enter the main hall, rika catches a glimpse of their target, sung joohyun.

"let's get this shit over with."