| chapter 14 |

"what were you thinking?" soyeon chided.

"i just needed a break goddamnit! so did rika," yuta said.

"so you decided to run away right before we had to fight changkyun? for the most feared mafia in asia, you sure are dumb as hell you know," soyeon scoffed.

"it was just a short break, literally for a day," yuta ran his hand through his hair.

"yeah well that one day allowed changkyun to get us almost killed dumbass."

"whatever, i'm done with this conversation," the japanese man stood up and made his way to the door.

"what did you guys even do on your so called break?" soyeon raised a brow.

yuta's jaw clenched as he stopped walking.

"none of your business," he spat before exiting the room.

"it was honestly irresponsible of you rika," miyeon scolded.

rika sighed, "i know i know, i just needed to get away. the timing definitely was not the best, i don't know... i just needed a break,"

"i know rika, i get it. our job for sure isn't easy and we all need a break, but what you did almost got us killed. now changkyun is out there doing god knows what and we have no idea what to do," miyeon explained.

"all we can really do is well, wait. we could send a few people to his headquarters to see if he is or has been there. i doubt he would stay there though, it's much too obvious," rika says and miyeon nods.

"i'll get minnie and soyeon to gather some people for a search party, shuhua and i will search the web for anything. try tracking him if it's possible," miyeon says. "what will you do?"

rika looks up at her, "prepare. if we can't find him, he's bound to show up at some point. we have some unfinished business."

soyeon and minnie along with a few others who were a part of their extended team made their way to changkyun's headquarters. the place seemed normal, many people in the building doing their assigned jobs.

sneaking into the headquarters, the group split up to cover more ground and find changkyun faster. minnie and soyeon stuck together, keeping their heads low and half of their faces covered with masks.

"everything is still running, even with their leader missing," minnie mumbles as she glances around the place.

"yeah, he's probably been keeping in touch with his main team. hyungwon must be running the place in place of his absence," soyeon says.

the pair checked all areas of the place, even the areas where he'd seem most unlikely to be. still, there was no sight of him. they made their way up to the top floor, still trying to keep it low. luckily, no one has noticed them so far.

"god, this wouldn't have happened if rika didn't go on that stupid vacation," soyeon grumbled.

minnie glanced at her and furrowed her brows, "hey, she didn't intend for this to happen."

"well yeah, but if she just used her brain for a moment, she would've known that something would happen once changkyun finds out that she was gone."

on the top floor, there wasn't much to see. only a few doors that seemed like storage rooms. only one seemed important. at the end of the hall were black double doors, looked pretty secretive seeing how it was on the uninteresting top floor.

"stop blaming her," minnie says.

"i'm not blaming just her, i'm also blaming that good for nothing nakamoto," soyeon said nonchalantly.

minnie rolls her eyes at the blonde. she was about to say something but she notices soyeon's expression. soyeon beckons minnie to follow her.

they make their way to the double doors and stand there for a moment.

"you think changkyun's in there?" minnie questions.

soyeon shakes her head, "doubt it, but maybe his gang is."

soyeon places her ear on the door, trying to figure out if anyone was in the room. sure enough, she hears a few voices emerge from inside.

"they're probably on their way looking for him right now."

"changkyun knows what he's doing. no one knows where he is except us. he chose a very good place to hide."

"yeah but he can't stay in hiding forever."

"don't worry, he's planning something. he'll kill rika and yuta in no time."

all of a sudden, minnie's walkie talkie goes off from one of their team's members.

soyeon hears shuffling from inside the room and footsteps coming closer.

"shit," soyeon mutters. she pulls minnie with her into a nearby storage room.

the door opens revealing shownu, with his brows furrowed. he pokes his head out and looks around to see if anyone was there. he takes one last look before concluding that there was no one there and that he was probably just hearing things.

soyeon hears the door close and she peeks out before stepping out the door along with minnie.

"tell the rest to retreat, we need to let the others know about what i heard," soyeon says and minnie nods.

"we know nothing about his exact location but, his gang knows where he is," soyeon says.

rika nods, "hm, getting it out of them definitely won't be easy."

"i also heard them saying that changkyun would be coming to kill you and yuta soon."

"tsk, of course. at this point i feel like there isn't much we can do," rika shrugs and soyeon furrows her brows.

"what? so you just don't care?" soyeon questioned.

"it's not that. i just, well what are we supposed to do? no matter how many times we try to track him down and no matter how many search parties we send, if we can't find him, he'll find his way to us. so i say we just wait, he's only coming for me and yuta anyway, you guys won't be in much danger to be honest."

"do you hear yourself?" soyeon exclaims, "we are all in danger. changkyun still has his gang with him. he can still fight and he still has his strategies, he could be outside about shoot down the place for all we know!"

rika rolls her eyes, "soyeon, stop freaking out. i can handle this, okay? plus we still have nct to back us up if we need it. he only has a few men left alongside his main team. we killed most of his men, remember?"

"but you let the most important one get away," soyeon glares at her.

"i didn't intend for that to happen for fucks sakes," rika huffs.

"if you just didn't go out that one day, maybe things would be different," soyeon pushes.

"i know okay? i fucking know. you don't have to keep scolding me for it! i just needed to get away from all of it," rika ran her hands through her hair.

"we all do rika. have you ever thought of that? we've been in this for so long, longer than you. you don't think that we need a break too? that we want to just run away too? we all do, but we're just not selfish enough to do so," soyeon spat.

rika stands up and narrows her eyes at the blonde, "i wasn't being selfish."

"yeah well we could've died if it wasn't for your ignorance."

"i left for one fucking day. i'm pretty sure you guys could handle yourselves without me for one day. you said it yourself, you've been in this longer than me," the japanese girl says coldly before storming out the room, leaving soyeon alone feeling frustrated.

a/n: sorry it's kinda short, this is just a filler chapter aha. also sorry for the late update, i've been procrastinating lolll. more chapters are to come tho so stay tuned for that hehe.