| chapter 16 |

"this is it," yuta pulls over down the road from where the hideout was, just so changkyun or anyone else would be able to see them from the house.

everyone jumps out of the van as well as from the other van that soyeon drove.

"seventeen will be here shortly after. as of now, you four surround the perimeter while we all go in," rika orders and everyone nods.

everyone gets into place. rika, yuta and the rest get ready to break into the house. everyone took some sort of window to enter. rika and yuta however took the back door that yuta mentioned.

"it's how i got in here. at that time it was unlocked so that's how easily i got in, i don't know if he still keeps it unlocked," yuta said.

the two silently made their way to the door and simply tried the doorknob first. rika tried not to make too much noise as she turned the knob which was locked. she huffed and continued walking around the house.

"guess we'll take a window too," she says and starts climbing up to the roof, yuta quickly following behind her.

rika tries to open it just to make sure if it's locked or not. then she pulls out a prybar from her backpack and pries the window open, trying to make little to no noise. the window eventually opens and they both crawl inside.

the room thankfully had no one in it and the two peeked out the door cautiously to see if changkyun was anywhere near.

yuta nudged his head as a cue to head out. they kept their footsteps quiet and were attentive to any sign of their target.

suddenly they heard footsteps and rushed into the nearest room. rika peers out only to see that it was miyeon and taeyong. she sighed in relief and stepped back out along with yuta.

they notice each other and whisper to each other.

"see him yet?" taeyong asks.

"no, he could be downstairs," rika says and they continue searching the place.

the group peered down over the mezzanine, looking out for changkyun. still nothing.

"well look who showed up," they heard a voice say from behind them followed with the sound of the a gun being loaded.

the four quickly turned around to see shownu and hyungwon standing there, annoying smirks spread on their faces that rika just wanted to punch right off.

"we almost thought you weren't going to show up," hyungwon chuckled.

"and miss out on all the fun? wouldn't miss it for the world," rika said sarcastically.

"mhm. then let the fun begin shall we?" shownu says before the enemies charged at each other.

though it was only shownu and hyungwon, they were extremely strong and more than able to fight four people. rika and her gang wasn't going to let that happen so easily though.

just as hyungwon was about the throw a punch at miyeon, she catches his fist and twists his arm behind his back and holds him there. taeyong punches him hard a few times before knocking the man unconscious.

this easily left shownu in a bad position as the four pounced on him and eventually left him unconscious next to his member.

the sound of punches, groans and gunshots could be heard from downstairs. the group hadn't noticed the commotion earlier as they were occupied fighting hyungwon and shownu.

they all rushed down to see the rest of monsta x battling everyone. running into the fight, rika and yuta started to take down minhyuk who had just pushed yuqi to the ground.