| chapter 17 |

rika slowly opens her eyes and adjusts to the light. she lets out a groan as she slightly moves.

"hey you're awake, be careful," yuta rushed to her side as he helped her sit up.

"w-what happened?" she asked, her voice was raspy.

"after the whole fight with changkyun, you passed out. you don't remember anything?"

rika sat there and tried to recall all the events that previously happened. luckily everything started to come back. her face fell when she thought of her confrontation with yuta. "o-oh. yeah i remember now."

yuta noticed her expression and pressed his lips into a thin line.

"i think we need to t-"

"could i be alone? i'm still kind of tired," she said sympathetically.

yuta quickly nodded and got up to leave, "y-yeah of course, get some rest."

riks sighed. she knew she would have to talk to yuta about what happened eventually, but not now. she didn't really want to see him at all at the moment to be honest.

yuta steps out of rika's room and starts walking down the hall but is stopped by soyeon.

"were you even going to tell us?" she questioned.

"no, wasn't really planning on it," he retorted before trying to walk past her.

however, the blonde did give up and blocked his way, "so that's why she came to us."

yuta narrowed his eyes at her, she caught his attention. "what?"

the two took a seat in soyeon's office so she could tell him the whole story without being disturbed or heard.

"she walked in one day, asking where she could sign up," she chuckled, reminiscing the moment. "i looked at her like she was crazy. of course i was suspicious of her, some stranger coming in trying to get into my gang all of a sudden."

yuta listened to every word she said.

"i asked her why she wanted to be part of the mafia and she told me she wanted revenge. she wanted to get back at someone who broke her trust. someone who she loved and trusted. i could see the desperation in her eyes. i could tell she was being sincere so i let her in. we trained and god was she skilled. whatever got her here really gave her strength," she explained.

the japanese man remained silent.

"i guess it was you we have to thank for giving her the motivation," she eyed the man in front of her.

yuta bit his lip and avoided eye contact.

"how you feeling?" soyeon places a hand on rika's forehead to check her temperature which fortunately was normal.

"much better now, thanks to you guys," she smiled and soyeon returned it.

"have you talked to yuta yet?" soyeon carefully brought it up and took a seat on the edge of the bed by rika.

rika shook her head, "i don't really want to see him."

soyeon nodded, "understandable. i mean he did try to kill you."

rika laughed at her remark.

"but kirika, you're gonna need to talk to him at some point," the japanese girl knew she was being very serious since she never uses her full name, "you two once loved each other, he still loves you. he messed up, really bad, but i can tell he regrets it so much. he wants to make things right."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐚 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭 | 𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐮𝐭𝐚 🎉