| chapter 3 |

yuta paced back and forth, the image of the unknown woman never left his mind. he hated how he couldn't figure out who she was.

"have you found her yet?" he desperately asked mark who was typing away on his computer.

"nope, i got nothing," mark shook his head.

"sungchan?" yuta turned his attention to the tall one.

"nope," he shrugged.

yuta cursed under his breath.

"bro why are you stressing so much? we'll find out who she is eventually," doyoung said as he sat on the couch, watching yuta's frantic actions.

yuta didn't want to admit that he wanted to figure out this woman mainly because of how familiar she seemed.

"we don't know how much power she holds, who she's connected to and her background. it's risky not knowing who she is," he implied. though it wasn't the full truth, it wasn't a lie either.

"i know, but relax a little. we'll figure it out eventually," doyoung reassured him.

pouring the boiling water into the cup of noodles, yuta leaves the ramen to set for a while. the door bell suddenly goes off, somewhat annoying him.

he opened the door only to be greeted by the one man who he despised the most.

"yuta," his father smiled.

"what are you doing here?" yuta muttered.

"what's with the attitude son?" mr. nakamoto grumbled.

he pushes past yuta and walks into the house. yuta scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"what do you want?"

"just wanted to check up on you," mr. nakamoto says, walking around the place with his arms behind his back.

"why?" yuta snarled.

"what's wrong with a father looking after his son?"

"i don't need anyone to take care of me," yuta spat before heading to the stairs.

"you can't always avoid me. now tell me, how has it been going with monsta x?" yuta leaned on the wall, observing his father.

"i've been handling them just fine, no need to worry," he responded in a monotone voice.

"good, it better stay that way," mr. nakamoto narrowed his eyes at the young man.

mr. nakamoto makes his way to the empty living room, yuta trailing behind him. the elder looked at the large family portrait that was displayed on the wall.

"you still have it huh?" mr. nakamoto chuckled.

"of course, mom is in it," yuta sighed.

"you miss her?" his father questioned making yuta raise a brow and scoff.

"how could i not, she was my only parental figure," mr. nakamoto moved his head to the side, facing yuta's direction but not making eye contact with him.

"she was getting in the way, i'm sorry," yuta felt anger run through him.

"you're sorry? you're sorry for killing my mother? for killing your own wife?" he raged.

"like what i said, she was getting in the way," mr. nakamoto said.

"getting in the way of what? getting in the way of me having an actual life?" yuta snorted.

"what do you mean? i gave you an actual life! this house, the money, the clothes you wear, the food you eat. you have this perfect life because of me!"