4. Arrival

chapter is un-edited, will be fixed soon. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

The Nevada air was cool but dry, similar to that of Arizona during the month of December. "Ew, this air reminds me of Arizona.." Aaliyah thought as they walked closer to the door. Less than 15 minutes after exiting the airport doors they were on their way to their hotel. Aaliyah rented a car for them to use for the couple of days that they would be in Vegas. Shakel looked out the window at all of the lights and buildings that she hadn't seen before. There were quite a few people out and about walking around as if it wasn't 2am on a weekday but not everyone can live the freedom life.

"Are you sad?" Larry asked Shakel after studying her demeanor.

She let out a single laugh. "Not at all."

"Better not be." Is all Larry said then poked her cheek.

Aaliyah stayed quiet as she drove with Laurent sitting next to her on his phone. For what seemed like the first time he wasn't paying attention to what she did. They pulled up to the hotel and had to find a place to park and after a good three minutes of searching they finally found a good spot. Everyone grabbed their stuff and headed toward the entrance of the hotel. The lobby was very open and spacious. In the middle had what looked like a big fountain of various types of flowers. The guys handled checking in while the girls stood next to the large centerpiece. A young dark skinned man who looked to be about 18 or 19 was coming off of the elevator and when he laid eyes on Aaliyah standing next to Shakel. He could have sworn he recognized her from somewhere. "Excuse me." He said approaching her. She looked up at him and raised her eyebrows.

"Hm?"

"You look hella familiar.. Is your name Aaliyah?" He asked.

"Yeah..?" She answered confused. "Can I help you with something?"

"@YouKnowLiyah from Instagram? Wow!" He said stepping back and putting his hand on his chest.

She looked at Shakel then back at the boy. "Well yeah that is my Instagram.. Why are you saying wow?"

"You're gorgeous as fuck in person!" He said then licked his lips.

"Does that mean I'm ugly on the gram?" She answered with a question.

He stepped a little closer to her. "No, no! Not at all! I mean damn, you look good on there but in person is like WOAH!"

"Thank you." She nodded with a smile.

Once they finished checking in, Larry looked over and seen this guy talking to Aaliyah and she looked like she was enjoying the conversation. He lightly tapped his brother and kept looking in the girls direction. Laurent turned around to find this random guy standing in front of his girlfriend and he didn't know how to feel about it. He didn't know whether or not she knew the guy or if he was hitting on her but either way he didn't like it. The twins walked over to the girls and Laurent looked irritated. He handed Aaliyah a room key then made eye contact with the guy standing there.

"Well it was nice meeting you." Aaliyah smiled.

"Same.. Uh can I get a picture with you?" The guy asked Aaliyah. "You know so I can put it on the gram."

"You know I'm not a celebrity right? I'm not Instagram famous either. I'm a nobody." Aaliyah said flipping her hair. As soon as she did that Laurent pulled her close to him. "But I mean, if you really want to, sure."