26. Small Changes

As you read in the end of the last chapter, I'm not sure if I want to continue this story or not and that was true. As of now, I'm going to continue this story but I probably won't continue on the sequel. Yes, a sequel was planned but now I don't know. "Where have you been Janae?" You may ask. I've been away. I took a little break because my stress levels were just too high for no reason and it made it soooo difficult for me to focus on writing for this book. Am I back now? Hell yes. I won't sit around and act like I haven't missed wattpad or the lt fandom because honestly I have. But I can't lie and say I'll be updating as often or like I used to because as much as I want to, I won't. I just hope y'all will enjoy the chapters as you did before. If you ever wanna talk to me just hit the comments section or shoot me a message 😄 I looooovee y'all !

xo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unedited

"What the fuck is this?" Shakel said looking at her bed that was somehow no longer made up. The blanket was pulled back and her pillows were out of place. She had just gotten off of work after such a long day and all she wanted to do was come home to her bed and sleep. "Aaliyah!" She yelled walking out of her room and going across the hall to Aaliyah's.

"What?" Aaliyah answered annoyed.

"Who was in my room?" She asked crossing her arms. "You let Killer and Remy in my bed?"

Aaliyah "No and before you accuse me of doing something, try asking your ugly ass dog of a boyfriend."

"What the fuck Larry gotta do with anything? Where's Lau?"

Larry walked into the room and stood next to Shakel. "Yeah where is my brother?" He asked. Being startled and without hesitation Shakel slapped Larry in the face and in return he slapped her back just as quick as she did him.

"What the fuck!?" They spoke at the same time. Larry looked up at Shakel holding her face as she looked at him rubbing his cheek.

"Yo Larry did you re-!" Aaliyah said with wide eyes at what just happened. "You know what, fuck it. I'm sleepy get out of my room."

"Wait, where is my brother?" Larry asked. He stood by the door as Shakel walked passed him and back to her room.

"If I knew, I'd tell you." Aaliyah answered wrapping herself in her blanket. Larry stared at her for a few seconds earning himself a look of annoyance from Aaliyah. "Oh please do not start this obsession over me again. I really don't feel like having to dodge you all the time. Like I know I'm cute but give it up."

"No, no." He laughed. "It's not that, I was just looking at you hair. Is really curly & darker now. You changed it?" He asked with a little smile on his face.

Thats when Aaliyah remembered that she didn't tell Larry about her pregnancy yet. "Huh? No it's just... Nothing. I don't know." She said with her eyes slightly wide. "Yeah, I don't know."
Larry shrugged and went back to Shakel's room. It's all so funny that Aaliyah still wants to hide the fact that she's pregnant, which she does well because she doesn't look it, and Larry knows but doesn't want to get caught knowing.

•••

Only two hours after leaving the house, he returned to his fiancée sleeping. Sleeping was something she did when she got bored. Laurent ran his fingers through Aaliyah's curly brown hair while she slept, knowing that she wouldn't stay sleep if he started messing with her. "Baby," he said scooting closer to her.

"Mmh, what?" She answered in a light voice.

"Wake up."

Aaliyah giggled. "Really? You know damn well it takes four seconds for me to wake up."

Laurent chuckled with her. He knew how it was with her being a light sleeper. He snaked his hand down her body and laced his fingers between hers. There wasn't anything he wanted to say or to hear her say. The silence that engulfed them brought comfort only because they were there together. After a few minutes Aaliyah turned over and met eyes with Laurent. Immediately, he got lost in her grey orbs. The color he had only seen when she'd cry was there brighter than he'd seen before. It was beautiful.

"Were you crying before you went to sleep?" He asked curiously. She gave him a confused smile.

"No, why?"

He shook his head and left it at that. There was nothing more to be said about it. "Are you hungry?"

"I'm sleepy." She giggled.

He smiled and got out of bed. "Go back to sleep. I'm gonna go dance." He said walking toward the door.

"I love you." Aaliyah said absentmindedly and making herself comfortable again. Laurent stopped in his tracks and looked at her as a smile spread across his face. It was the first time she's ever said "I love you" without him saying it first.

"I love you more, baby." He said then walked out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~