one

a/n: good lord i am back to wattpad, it's been like six years. don't judge me ok it's been a long time and I am probably too old to be writing to be writing fanfiction but I have an obsession for mr. beast and i have noticed there is not a lot of mr beast fanfiction (why? this man is lowkey FINE) but that's besides the point. welcome, and enjoy. 

ps: jimmy or anyone in the crew if you come across this and read, i am so sorry i love u. i bought merch if that helps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hannah's POV:

"Hey... Hannah" I was pulled out of my daydream by my co worker, snapping out of my trance and looking up. 

"Hey Marsha, sorry, what can I do for you?" I asked, sitting up straight at my desk.

"Can you please enter these numbers into the spreadsheet and please forward them to me?" Marsha asked me, handing a huge file folder of different bank invoices. I reached up, and grabbed them from her hands.

"No problem, I will get right on it." I told her. When she rounded the corner, I took a moment and set my head down, I hate it here. It was supposed to be a summer job after I graduated high school... 2 years ago. It is now October, two years later and I am still here. I was planning to go to college after I graduated in the fall, but then decided it was not for me. Something inside of me told me it would be a waste of money, and decided to stick with my gut. 

Now I sit here, in an office in Kansas, on repeat with the same schedule. It is not like this job is hard or difficult, I really enjoyed being an office assistant, it pays the bills, and I do not have the responsibilities like some of my co-workers. But, this office life gets dull, and repetitive. Don't get me wrong, I would like to advance in the future, but I can't see that happening here.

As my fingers type away on the keyboard, entering the numbers, my mind started to drift away again. I really needed a vacation... or an adventure. Sure, I have friends and family here in Wichita, but something felt not enough. I wasn't happy here, and I knew it. The feeling starting to sink in, and visions of my future being 50, still sitting at this desk did not sit right with me.

As I hit send to Marsha on the spreadsheet, I noticed it was 5 pm. I started to gather my things, and head out the door. My phone dinged as I walked out of the office towards my car. A text message came in from my friend Whitney. 

"Let's get dinner. I miss you, and it's margarita monday."

I chuckled to myself, and started typing away, "Okay, sure I could really go for Redrock, see you there in 15.

I made it to my car, and started to drive to the restaurant, listening to whatever is popular nowadays on the radio. As I pulled into the restaurant, I saw Whitney already has a table outside, with her usual strawberry margarita. 

I met Whitney in high school, when I was a freshman and she was a sophomore. We took the same spanish class. We were paired up for a project, and since then, we have been inseparable. If there was one person I could tell anything to, it was Whitney, and it felt nice having someone I could confide in. I really needed it.

"Hey girly!" She smiled at me, as I sat down on the chair. Whitney had a smile that could make anyone smile. She is the definition of sunshine on a rainy day. I always tell her she could get into modeling, but she refuses, and does not believe me.

"Hey!" I replied, "How are you?"

"You know, the usual. Work, studying, seeing you." She laughed.