nineteen

Hannah's POV:

The day finally came where Jimmy and I get to fly to Wichita and see my friends and family, and share the exciting news.

I couldn't sleep at all, I was up, making sure I had everything packed and texting Whitney until she ultimately fell asleep.

The work week dragged on, as I was anticipating going home for the first time in months. I never thought I would say it, but I am excited to go back to Kansas for the weekend. I miss my parents dearly, and my friends. I already set up a dinner to meet with my old friends and share the exciting news with Jimmy.

I woke Jimmy up at 6 am, so he could get ready to go, so we can head to Raleigh and get to the airport.

"Wake up, wake up, wake up" I smiled, jumping on his lap, as he stirred awake, smiling with his eyes closed.

"Hi" I giggled.

"Well good morning to you too" He laughed, as I sat on top of him. Jimmy wrapped his arms around me, spinning me onto the bed, so he was on top of me. "Did you sleep at all?"

"No... I couldn't sleep, I was packing and texting Whitney." I confessed, smiling at him.

"Boo. You're going to sleep the whole time now, and I am going to be lonely." He said, faking a frown.

"I'll be awake! I promise." I smiled, getting out from under him, pulling him out of bed.

I quickly put on one of his hoodies and leggings, and brushed out my hair.

I let Jimmy get ready, as I got downstairs and waited for him.

After Jimmy was dressed, he grabbed our bags and put them in the trunk, and we got ready to go. Not before a Dunkin stop first though.

As we got onto the highway, I started to yawn.

"Ah, there it is. Broken promises." Jimmy said, laughing, as I struggled to keep my eyes open.

"5 minutes. I'm just going to rest my eyes." I told him, leaning my head against the window, as all I heard was "Suuuure" as I took a nap.

"Babe... babe wake up, we're here, we have to go inside now." Jimmy said, tapping me as I brushed him away, wanting to still sleep. "Come on... Please" He pleaded, laughing.

I shuffled for a bit, yawning as I opened my eyes slowly. "I want to sleep." I whined.

"You'll get plenty of that on the plane. Come on, sunshine." Jimmy said, as he got out, and came around my side, opening the door for me.

We walked from the parking garage to the terminal and quickly got checked in.

I struggled to keep my eyes open as we waited in the terminal to board our plane. But once we got on, I leaned my head on Jimmy's chest, and fell back into my slumber.

Jimmy tapped me awake a few hours later, signalling that we were finally in Kansas! "Oh my gosh, This is so exciting!" I cheered, as we walked off the plane, holding hands.

We made it to the rental car area, and rented a car so we could drive to my parents house. As the roads started to look familiar, the anticipation was setting in. I grabbed the box with the shirts that said 'Promoted to Grandma' & 'Promoted to Grandpa' with an ultrasound picture nestled underneath.

"I hope they're going to be happy. They're just now meeting me and finding out I got their daughter pregnant." Jimmy chuckled, as I could tell he was getting nervous.

"Hey... Like you said, even if your mom wasn't going to happy, she would learn to be, It would be a lot on them. Maybe I'll hold off on telling them for a bit, so they can grasp that everything is okay." I told Jimmy, rubbing his hand.