two

a/n: i acknowledge that jimmy is dating maddy irl, i respect that, so in this story she is not here, jimmy is single in this story, i don't have anything negative to say about maddy, she is a queen, in every way possible. 

------------------

Hannah's POV:

I woke the next morning, feel refreshed and honestly happy. I know right now I am in the middle of somewhere Kentucky, and I wanted to keep going. 

I got up and took a shower, and headed downstairs to grab a pastry from the breakfast area downstairs. 

I hopped into my car and started to drive out east.

I got lost into my music, singing happily to myself, eating snacks, stopping periodically for gas, and talking to Whit and my parents. I haven't felt this alive in years.

At the end of the day I realized I found myself in a town in North Carolina. 

"Welcome to Greenville

It was getting late, and the feeling of needing to sleep came over me, I searched for a hotel, and decided to call it a night. I realized through most of this trip I haven't really stopped and looked at the different towns. I just kept going, and didn't really explore.

Tomorrow I have decided that I will take the day to explore, and find the beauty of what is Greenville.

I reserved a hotel room for two nights, giving myself a well deserved break. As soon as I got to my room, I showered, and opened my laptop to watch some YouTube and sleep. I decided to check my emails to make sure I didn't have bills due, but as soon as Gmail opened, I am flooded with emails from my employer.

"Oops." I said to myself. "Probably should have sent them an email."

I decided to give Marsha the courtesy and responded, "Marsha, I apologize, but I am no longer in Wichita. Life has taken me east, as I am finding myself. I appreciate you and the company, and I send my best wishes for you in the future. Thank you for the opportunity, and I wish you and everyone else a wonderful life." 

As I hit send, I felt relaxed. I decided to catch up on some YouTube documentaries and fell peacefully asleep.

----

The next morning, I was ready to explore and move more than I have the past couple days.

I decided a simple sundress with a cardigan and sandals was appropriate since it was a little warm, but not chilly.

I drove downtown, finding different parks and sights. I was in awe of how amazing this seemling small, but not, town was. I fell in love with the architecture. I knew Whitney would love this. I snapped away pictures on my phone to send to Whit later. I kept walking, stumbling upon a local coffee shop. Coffee did sound quiet nice, and it would give a chance to call my mom and dad.

I walked in, noticing how it was a little crowded, and ordered myself an americano and looked around for an open spot. I found a long table, with a woman sitting there at the end. 

"Hey, sorry, are these seats open or are you expecting more people to join?" I politely asked the woman. She looked up at me with kind eyes, and smiled.

"Oh no, you're okay sweetheart, it's just me, feel free to sit." She replied.

I nodded, telling her thank you, and leaving a few chairs between us so I wasn't in her bubble.