Chapter 3

#NewClassicPFL

Chapter 3
Call

Sitting in front of my vanity mirror, I remained motionless for I don't know how long. My eyes were glued on the screen of my phone, waiting for a message from Neil, hoping that there would be a change of plan.

From: Neil
I'm sorry, Lavi. I have to cancel our dinner tonight. I have to meet an important business partner. I'll make it up to you next time.

I was already in the midst of getting ready for our dinner when I received his message. He seemed so busy that he wasn't able to reply right away. I had to wait for almost two hours just to get disappointed in the end.

To: Neil
Oh, okay. Next time, then?

Although I was hurt and upset that he cancelled our dinner last minute, I couldn't bring myself to get mad at him. Unlike me, I knew he had a lot of responsibilities on his shoulders. Being the heir of his family's company didn't mean that he owned his time. The livelihood of thousands of people was in his hands. And besides, we weren't even in a relationship. I completely understood why he couldn't note my name down on his list of priorities.

I met Neil when I was still in fourth year high school. I was sixteen that time. His parents invited me and my father to his graduation party. He's a gentleman and there's something about his mysterious aura that drew me to him.

Since then, we would always meet in corporate events. I knew I would meet him there, so even though I had no interest in our family's business, I willingly came to every event with my father. At dahil halos magkasing-edad kaming dalawa, kami ang madalas na magkasama at magkausap. We created and built a special bond that way. We became close to each other.

Despite that, our relationship has remained constant. There wasn't any development. It was like we were both playing close to the line, but no one was brave enough to cross that. I couldn't find the courage to confess. Every time I would try to admit my feelings for him, I would always get tongue tied. On top of that, I had no idea what he felt about me which made confessing more terrifying.

Feeling dejected, I rested my head on top of my vanity. The cold marble touched my skin. Something about the coldness made me feel lonelier than I already was.

Nothing's going on my way. With all those unfortunate circumstances I had encountered in just a day, I could easily become a candidate for the unluckiest person award―if ever there was such a thing.

Once the night had taken over the day, I already lost hope. Muli akong naligo at nagbihis na ng pambahay. Nang bumaba ako upang kumain ng hapunan ay naabutan kong nakahain na ang mga pagkaing iniluto ng mga kasambahay para sa akin. Kahit ako lang mag-isa ang kakain ay parang isang buong pamilya ang maghahapunan.

However, it wasn't a new experience to me. It wasn't a new scene to witness in our household. I was already used to dining alone since my father was always overseas to supervise our business.

Mas gusto ko pa noong sa mansyon pa nakatira si Ritchelle. Lagi niya akong sinasamahan sa pagkain. But I knew how much she wanted to have her own place and live independently. Aside from being my manager, she had another job as a freelance graphic designer. Kayang-kaya niya nang sustentuhan ang kanyang sarili at pati na rin ang ina.

Letting out stress and frustration, I ate until I was full. Due to my fast metabolism, it wasn't hard for me to maintain my figure as a model. I never limit myself when it comes to food. Lahat ng gusto kong kainin ay kinakain ko.

Pagkatapos kumain ay agad akong umakyat pabalik sa aking kuwarto. I brushed my teeth and got ready for bed. Medyo maaga pa ngunit kulang pa ang tulog ko.