Chapter 36

#NewClassicPFL

Chapter 36
Email

"Lavi! Oh my God! You rocked it!" Giselle kept raining me with praises the moment we finally had time to talk.

After the event, there were a lot of big names in the modelling and fashion industry who came to me and introduced themselves. I was held back by a lot of people expressing their interest to work with me. But of course, since I was with Giselle, I didn't give them my word out of respect to the brand who gave us the invitation to their show. In the end, they just gave me their business cards and asked me to send them an email if I could see myself working with them in the future.

Honestly, even if I was calm and collected all throughout, I was screaming and dancing with joy deep inside. Everything went better than I expected. I was more than satisfied that I managed to catch their attention when I barely got the spotlight before.

Hindi ako nagsisising tumuloy sa Fashion Week. Pakiramdam ko ay rito na talaga magsisimula ang lahat. Step by step, I'll achieve my goals until I'm already one of the models walking down the runway.

"Would you mind me taking photos of you again before we go to the afterparty?" she asked. "I just want to post it on my profile. I'll give you softcopies, too."

A soft gasp escaped from my lips. "Afterparty?"

She smiled and nodded. "The brand invited us to the after party, too. Tommy especially asked for your presence," she said. "I hope you're not yet tired."

My eyes widened as I couldn't school my expression any longer. "Of course not, Giselle! I'll definitely go with you!"

"Then we're settled!"

The two of us couldn't hide our excitement as we headed over to the after party. Hindi ko alam kung saan gaganapin, ngunit hindi ko na rin 'yon masyadong inisip. I was busy retouching my makeup while we were inside the car. I also styled my hair, different from how it was during the main event. From a long, sleek black hair, I tied it in a neat low ponytail to highlight the proportions of my face.

While I was styling myself inside the car, Giselle was still taking pictures of me from time to time. I loved how it turned out as it looked like behind the scene cuts. I could already imagine those images on my Instagram feed. I got even more excited because of that.

"We're here!" Giselle announced once we finally arrived at the after party's venue.

I went down the car along with her, and I could only freeze when I looked up to see the establishment right in front of us.

"L'Arc..." I whispered dumbfoundedly.

I couldn't believe it even when I already saw the club with my two eyes. I mean, what are the odds? Ang dami-daming bars and clubs sa Paris pero talaga sa L'Arc pa mismo gaganapin ang afterparty. I didn't know if I would find the coincidence creepy or be amazed.

When our relationship just ended, I was back to the place where it all started.

"Lavi, let's go!" aya sa akin ni Giselle nang makitang hindi pa ako sumusunod sa kanya.

I dropped my eyes from the signage down to her. Nasa harap na siya na bouncer na hawak-hawak ang imbitasyon naming dalawa. And so, shrugging away the troubling thoughts in my head, I put on a smile and quickly headed towards her with my chin up.

However, the moment I stepped inside, huge waves of nostalgia flooded in without warning and almost drowned me with bittersweet memories. Everything about the place screams his name that I couldn't ignore it, even if I tried.