Chapter 23

#NewClassicPFL

Chapter 23
Following

"I already asked someone to hire an outsource detective to work on investigating the incident," Sic told both our lawyers how far he already went to solve my case and find the culprit. "He's working on it as we speak. Any findings and leads will surely be sent to your emails. But if you also want to start an investigation about it, you're very much welcome. If there are more people working, it means that there will be higher chances that we will get what we want sooner."

"Don't worry, Mr. Jaranilla, I will certainly work hard on this case," Sic's lawyer said with conviction.

"So am I," Attorney Dionela, my family's lawyer, also stepped up to show his determination.

"If that's the case, then thank you so much for your cooperation." Sic offered his hand to them and they gave him a handshake.

I also did the same before they left. Naiwan si Sic sa aking bahay dahil may alis pa kami ng gabi. He told me we were going to meet Callum for a casual dinner, so he really planned to stay.

Once our lawyers took their leave, I finally sighed in relief. I quickly went to the kitchen and drank a glass of cold water to ease the tension from the serious conversation we had for hours.

I lost count on how many hours we had been discussing the case. Although we only had a few pieces of evidence at that moment, Sic was very detailed and thorough with everything. He didn't want to miss even a single letter while delivering all the necessary information.

If he wasn't a model nor a musician, I thought he'd also do well in the law industry. He knew how to carry himself and speak his mind. He was even more imposing than our lawyers. It felt like he was the one with the title and they were very much intimidated by him.

"Are you feeling tired?"

Naramdaman ko ang pagpulupot ng mga braso ni Sic sa aking bewang at ang pagpatong ng kanyang baba sa aking balikat. His hot breath was giving chills from my neck, every time he breathed.

I slowly turned around to face him, leaning my back on the kitchen island. Nanatili ang kanyang kamay na nakapulupot sa akin. His hazy gaze was fixed on mine. Hindi ko alam kung bakit ako ang tinatanong niya kung pagod na, pero mas kita sa pamumungay ng kanyang mga mata ang pagod.

"Did you sleep well?" I worriedly asked him. "You look tired and sleepy."

Hindi ko 'yon pansin habang kausap niya ang aming mga lawyers. But since I got a better look at him, I could already tell.

"May inasikaso lang ako kagabi," sabi niya. "This is nothing. I'm used to it."

He was used to that because I was sure they had more busy schedules when they were at the peak of promoting New Classic all over the world. There was a slight pang of pain while thinking about that.

"What time's our dinner meeting with Callum tonight?" I asked.

His forehead slightly creased as he answered, "Eight."

Inangat ko ang kanyang braso upang makita ang oras mula sa suot niyang relo. Nang ibinalik ko ang tingin sa kanya ay multong ngiti sa kanyang mga labi habang bahagyang nakataas ang isang kilay.

"You should sleep first and rest," I told him. "Matagal pa naman. We still have a lot of time."

Bigla naman siyang ngumisi at nagtaas ng kilay. For the first time after the incident, he was finally being himself again. That annoying playful grin was back on his face.

All of a sudden, he pulled me closer to him and pressed his forehead on mine. "Want to sleep with me?"

"Fransic!" I lightly slapped him on his broad chest as I pulled away and he just chuckled huskily.