Chapter 21

#NewClassicPFL

Chapter 21
Professional

A smile lingered on my face while reading Sic's recently sent text message. Kahit na naipit kami sa traffic papunta sa shoot at malapit nang ma-late ay hindi nag-init ang ulo ko. I'm a very punctual person and I hate being late but I was all smiles.

From: Sic
We arrived at the resort already. I'll call once I've checked in to my room.

Sic had a scheduled solo photoshoot at a resort in Batangas for a magazine cover and feature. He would stay there overnight. He wanted me to come with him at first, but I had my own schedule. I also had a photoshoot for Basics. Kahit hindi pa nire-release ang collection ko ay kailangan ko pa ring i-endorse ang ibang products nila.

Ever since what happened the other night, I felt like we became even closer to each other. It felt good to know that he trusts me so much to share all those things with me, and I had no plans to break that trust. Rather, I would use it as a foundation to have a better relationship with him.

I never knew when I started to feel that way for him. I just wanted to get closer to him. I kept looking for him. I wanted to be always beside him. When he shut me off, I felt pain more intense than what I felt when I learned that Neil was already engaged. And when he apologized and gave me his trust that night, I was over the moon. I was always irritated and angry at him, but then one day, all I could think about was how to make our relationship last long since he told me to forget about the contract.

While I was lost in thoughts about my feelings for him, my phone suddenly rang which interrupted my reverie. Agad akong napaayos ng upo nang nakitang tumatawag na sa akin si Sic. Mas lalong lumawak ang ngiti sa aking labi at kasunod noon ang pagbubuntonghininga ni Ritchelle sa aking tabi.

I frowned, then quickly turned to her. "What?"

Bahagya siyang ngumuso ngunit hindi ako nilingon pabalik. "Mukhang alam ko na kung ano ang sinasabi ni Mr. Joel," sabi niya na parang kinakausap ang sarili. "Naiintindihan ko na siya."

Napairap na lang ako sa kanyang sinasabi at nag-iwas ng tingin.

"Hello!" I enthusiastically answered Sic's call.

"Are you busy?" bungad niyang tanong sa akin. "Nasa studio ka na?"

"Wala pa. We're stuck in traffic, but we're already there," sagot ko. "Why'd you ask?"

"Nothing," he said. "Akala ko may ginagawa ka na dahil ang tagal mong sagutin ang tawag ko."

Napakagat ako sa aking labi habang unti-unting nangingiti ulit. "I was just having a conversation with Ritchelle. Nothing important."

In the corner of my eye, I saw Ritchelle covered her mouth to laugh because of the little lie I said. Binalingan ko ulit siya ng matalim na tingin bago lumingon sa bintana.

"Oh. I'll switch to FaceTime," he said, then his invitation to video call appeared on my screen.

Because I was pretty much confident with my looks, I didn't dilly-dally and accepted his invitation. And once I did, Sic who was wearing a white summer polo appeared on my screen. His wayfarer was pushed up to his head, brushing back his hair a bit. The buttons of his shirt were opened down to the third button that I could see his chest. The sun was kissing his skin which gave him that light bronze glow.

I didn't want to admit it, but he suddenly became really handsome in my eyes. I guess a change of heart can also make you change the way you see people or things.

"Why did you suddenly call?"

"I want to show you the view in my room," he replied, then flipped the camera.