Chapter 10

#NewClassicPFL

Chapter 10
Future

Starting my day early for a commercial shoot with Sic for the same brand of carbonated drink we worked with last time, I sipped on my iced coffee to boost my energy while on the way to the filming set. I wasn't really used to waking up so early in the morning that I was feeling a bit cranky. On top of that, our work yesterday ended late. I slept so deeply because of exhaustion.

Hindi talaga sanay ang aking katawan sa dami ng trabaho. It was the first time in my life I had been so busy because of work. In just a month since our agreement started, I got a huge amount of work that I didn't get for the first four years of my career as a model. Dati ay focused lamang ako sa mga brand deals bilang isang influencer sa social media. I did all those influencer work at home. I didn't need to go out at all.

I always went to a lot of auditions but I rarely got chosen for the job. Madalas ay ang may mga mayroong koneksyon ang pinipili nila. Ang iba naman ay iyong mga subok na talaga. It was very frustrating but I already came into terms with it. That's just how the entertainment and modelling industry works.

My life completely and drastically changed after meeting Sic. It was like experiencing a long, heavy downpour after the drought. Different brands were fighting just to work with me because of my reputation as the superstar's girlfriend. Even though I have high confidence in myself, I knew Sic played a huge part in my rising career.

While in the middle of thoughts, my eyes caught a huge billboard which we were about to pass by. Umaliwas bigla ang aking pakiramdam nang makita 'yon. It was the shoot we did a month ago for the soda drink. They used the shot where we were so close together, smiling at each other, while holding the can of drink. Ang isang shot kung saang may indirect kiss kami ni Sic ay pinost sa social media bilang announcement ng aming collaboration project.

Everyone went wild because of it. We became the trending topic in an instant. Ang sabi pa sa amin ay ilalagay raw ang picture na 'yon bilang limited packaging ng soda drink. Sic's fans and our so called shippers were already planning to bulk buy.

Nang medyo nakalapit na kami sa billboard ay inilabas ko ang aking cellphone upang kuhanan iyon ng picture. I had no idea if Sic already saw the billboard but since it was my first time, I assumed that he had not seen in yet.

To: Sic
Passed by our billboard. I look good here.

After I read my drafted message a lot of times, I hit send and placed my phone on top of my lap. Within fifteen seconds, I felt my phone vibrate. Nagmadali kong binuksan ulit ang cellphone upang basahin ang kanyang reply.

From: Sic
We look good together, love.

From: Sic
*Lav

His flirty reply made me purse my lips to suppress a smile. Hindi na talaga siya nagsawa kakapanggap na nata-typo siya.

To: Sic
You know you should stop pretending already. Gasgas na 'yang palusot mo.

He would always deliberately get the word Lav wrong that it didn't bother me anymore. Alam na alam ko na kung paano siya kumilos. Instead of getting irritated, I just went along with his playful antics.

From: Sic
What are you talking about?

Napailing na lang ako sa pagkukunwari niyang inosente.

To: Sic
Whatever.

Sic didn't reply anymore but I received a notification on Instagram that he mentioned me in his new IG story. Agad kong pinindot ang notification upang makita ang kanyang minention sa akin. My forehead slightly creased to see that it was a picture of the same billboard I took a picture of earlier. However, the shot and angle seemed different.