Chapter 27

#NewClassicPFL

Chapter 27
Confusing

As we forgot to close the curtains last night, the rays of sun freely passed through the glass doors. I squinted my eyes when the sunlight shone on them and turned to the other side of the bed when I realized it was empty. Feeling like something wasn't right, I barely opened my eyes to find that Sic wasn't lying by my side.

I remembered drifting to sleep in his arms. His warmth made me feel very comfortable. As far I knew, he was also sleeping right next to me. I heard his breathing get softer when I was about to fall into unconsciousness.

Unti-unti akong bumangon at inabot ang aking cellphone na nakalapag sa lamp desk. It was only past six in the morning. Our call time was eight-thirty, so I still had a lot of time to prepare for our long day. But I always have the mindset that it's better to be early than late.

I started with some neck exercise and stretching. While I was putting my body into the right condition, I abruptly stopped midway when I saw Sic on the sofa. Ang akala ko ay lumabas na siya ng kuwarto dahil maagang nagising. Hindi ko naisip na maaaring tulog pa siya.

Tahimik akong lumapit sa kanya. I watched him as he slept peacefully. Parang mayroong humaplos sa puso ko. He used the throw pillow to support his head and didn't bother covering himself with a blanket, even when it was cold inside the room. He was so tall that one of his feet was already on the floor, while the other one was hanging on the armrest.

I licked my lower lip and sat down on the floor to look as his face closely. Kahit na medyo naawa, napangiti ako nang nakitang medyo nakakunot pa rin ang kanyang noo. He looked like he really had a hard time. Pakiramdam ko tuloy ay hindi siya nakatulog nang maayos no'ng gabi kaya hindi pa rin siya gising.

Unti-unti namang tumama sa kanya ang sinag ng araw. He scrunched his nose as if he was about to wake up. Agad ko namang itinaas ang aking kamay at itinakip sa kanyang mga mata upang hindi siya masilaw. He relaxed right away and breathed out heavily in relief.

Hindi ko alam kung gaano ako katagal nanatili sa ganoong puwesto. Nalibang ako sa panonood sa kanya hanggang sa naramdaman kong nangangawit ang aking kamay. I was about to replace my right with the left hand when Sic suddenly grabbed my pulse.

My lips parted. I stared at his face with my eyes wide open.

His eyelids slowly fluttered open. From my pulse, he held my hand and put it down before he turned his head to me.

"Kanina ka pa gising?" agad kong tanong.

He shook his head. "Nope," he answered in a hoarse voice, sounding like he really just woke up.

"Then..." I pointed at my hand.

He slightly grinned which caused me to frown. "I smelled your scent from your hand."

Inangat ko naman ang aking kamay upang amuyin. It smelled like my body lotion which was a scent of vanilla.

Sic laughed when I did that, then licked his lips. "I also heard you groaning," he added. "Kung nangangawit ka na, puwede mo namang ibaba ang kamay mo. You don't have to block the sun for me."

Napanguso ako at binawi ang aking kamay sa kanya. Mabilis din akong tumayo.

"You were so fast asleep. Parang kulang ka pa sa tulog kaya..." Hindi ko na tinuloy ang sinasabi ko nang gumalaw siya.

Sic pushed himself up to sit on the sofa. I heard him groan as well once he was finally in a comfortable sitting position. He put his hand on the back of his nape while bending his neck on both sides.