Chapter 35

#NewClassicPFL

Chapter 35
Knight

Never have I ever thought that my first ever official relationship would end after just a week. We were like a twig that was stepped on, which ended up getting broken easily. I had not even fully experienced what it's like to have a lover. I had not completely digested how we became real when we started as fake. But before I could do and experience all those things, we already broke up.

Despite all that, I couldn't bring myself to be mad at him. I was hurt. I was really hurt but I understood where he was coming from. He was hurt, too. With the way he left hurriedly, as if staying with me longer would chip down the walls he built, I knew it wasn't easy for him to do that.

He was torn between me and his mother who needs him more than I do. I couldn't blame him for choosing her. If I was under the same circumstances, I'd most probably do the same. I'm not that selfish. I know when it's the right time to concede or when to fight and push through what I want. However, conceding doesn't exactly mean giving up. I don't plan on giving up on him completely.

Even when I knew I should move out of his unit if I wanted to move on, I didn't because I couldn't see myself doing that. Ayaw ko ring umuwi sa bahay dahil hindi ko alam kung handa na ba akong makita ulit si daddy. For sure, we would have another round of argument that I wasn't up to. Mayroon na akong kinakaharap na problema at ayaw ko nang dagdagan pa 'yon.

For the past few days, I was focused on work and didn't bother myself with the intriguing gaze of some staff. Mr. Joel also offered to take care of my ongoing contracts and brand deals with Sic if I wanted out of it. Hindi rin ako pumayag. Aside from keeping my professionalism, I believed that was the only way I could see and meet him again. I was certain he wouldn't meet me beyond our work schedule, so I could only rely on that.

I didn't care anymore if I was breaking free from my principles and straying away from my mindset. He was the one who stood beside me when I felt lost and alone. He supported me and my dreams in a way I never expected him to. He took me in when I had nowhere to go. I believed it was my turn to do my part. I would hold on to him for as long as I could. If he decided on his own to leave my life, I also made up my mind to stick with him.

But since everything was still in the light and pushed forward, I told myself to remain lowkey and keep myself restrained. Hahayaan ko munang humupa ang lahat. I'd let him dedicate his time to his mother, so he could focus on her. On the other hand, I'd set my head straight on doing my job.

"Lavi."

Tahimik kong nilingon si Ritchelle. Ipinapakita niya sa akin ang kanyang iPad. Sa livestream na nasa screen ay kita kong kakadating pa lang ni Sic sa press con.

His drummer and boy band image couldn't be seen on his chosen attire. He looked very neat and sleek with his white buttoned down shirt, tucked in denim jeans and sleeves folded up to his elbows. His hair was tidied up. Kulang na lang ay magsuot siya ng suit and tie at mukha na siyang aattend sa isang board meeting.

I couldn't ignore how the view count on the upper left of the stream skyrocketed once he appeared. It went up to half a million viewers. Since we were silent for a week after the news broke out, everyone seemed to anticipate getting answers from our side. They wanted to know the truth. Tingin ko'y hindi lang ang mga Pilipino ang nag-aabang sa kanyang press con, but all First Classes around the world.

"Good afternoon," Sic formally greeted everyone and looked straight into the camera once he settled down. "I'm Sic Jaranilla, a member of New Classic."

Although he's pretty well-known worldwide, he still didn't forget to humbly introduce himself to everyone.

"I want to hold this press con in order to address and give light to the issue that's been all over the media these past few days. I might be a little late, but I needed time to prepare and arrange things for the both of us," he said.