Chapter 15

#NewClassicPFL

Chapter 15
End

There were a lot of thoughts and questions running around my head. However, I couldn't comprehend anything as the pain I was feeling in my heart was stealing all my attention. It was begging to be tended, but I didn't even know how to start.

"Lavi..." I heard Sic call my name and felt his warm hand on mine.

Unti-unti ko siyang nilingon. He looked worried and concerned. But before he could say another word, an employee knocked on the door and asked us to get ready for the second part of the shoot. Kasunod noon ay pumasok na rin si Mr. Joel upang papuntahin na si Sic sa dressing room kahit na mukhang ayaw niya akong iwanan.

Wala na rin akong nagawa kung hindi ang bumalik na sa aking dressing room. Ritchelle walked close to me while holding my arm.

"Are you sure you can still work?" nag-aalalang tanong niya sa akin. "Baka gusto kong magpahinga pa muna. I can try to ask the photographer and director."

Mabilis akong tumango. "I can work," sabi ko na lang kahit hindi ko rin sigurado kung kaya ko pa bang magpokus sa trabaho.

I didn't want to drag the whole team down with me just because I was going through something personal. I was sure that at least one of the staff who came to work also had his or her own problems. I needed to be professional and do my job well.

When Ritchelle saw that I was determined to continue the shoot, she just heavily sighed and nodded. And so, we went inside my dressing room to prepare.

Habang inaayusan ako ay pabalik-balik ang aking isipan sa nabasa. I was itching to get my work done and speak with Neil. Pagkalabas ko naman sa studio ay naabutan kong nandoon agad si Sic.

He stood up to approach me but I averted my eyes away from him. I was afraid that he would ask me what I was bothered about, and I didn't want to tell him anything.

Kaya naman tahimik lamang ako habang kinakausap kami ng director sa gusto niyang mangyari. But while we were in the middle of discussion, Sic suddenly held on to his tummy in a way that was disturbing. Napatigil tuloy sa pagsasalita ang concept director upang lingunin siya. Napakunot na rin ang noo ko at nawala na ang gumugulo sa isip nang napalingon ako sa kanya.

His face was scrunched up like he was holding back something. I was suddenly filled with worry. I gently placed my hand on his arm to get his attention.

"What's wrong? I asked him, my voice was so soft that it almost sounded like a whisper. "Masakit ang tiyan mo?"

Sic slowly looked up to me. He looked so pitiful that I thought I heard my heart breaking just by looking at him. I had never seen him looking so helpless.

"I don't think I can..." He wasn't able to finish his words and quickly averted his eyes to the concept director. "I'm sorry. I need to go back."

Pagkatapos niyang magpaalam ay mabilis siyang kumawala sa aking hawak. He ran back to his dressing room. Mabilis akong sumunod, punong-puno ng pag-aalala. Hindi nga lang ako tuluyang pumasok sa loob. Good thing Mr. Joel came looking for him.

"What happened to Sic?" he asked me.

Feeling lost and dumbfounded, I just shook my head.

I had no idea. Ayos naman siya noong kumakain kami ng lunch. I didn't know why he was suddenly ill. But when I remembered that he wasn't able to sleep well, I got even worried.

"I'll check on him," sabi na lang niya at pumasok na sa loob ng dressing room.

Naiwan ako sa labas. Hindi ako umalis doon habang hinihintay ang muling paglabas nina Mr. Joel at Sic. Lumapit na rin sa akin ang concept director at photographer na halatang nag-aalala rin kay Sic. And then, I overheard his stylist talking that he seemed off while he was getting ready.