Chapter 40

This is the last chapter of Perfect Fake Lovers before the epilogue. Thank you for your patience and for reaching this far.

#NewClassicPFL

Chapter 40
Fiancée

The master's bedroom was dimly lit and quiet. All I could hear was the sound of our breathing while we lay down on his bed. Nakaunan ang aking ulo sa kanyang braso at yakap-yakap ko ang kanyang taon. His lips were gently pressed on my temple while his hand caressed my arm.

After we both relaxed and settled down, we both decided to rest inside the room as we were emotionally exhausted. I took that opportunity to cuddle with him, unable to hide how much I missed him, his touch, and being able to lie in bed with him beside me.

Reminding myself that we're already engaged, a smile crept on my lips and I unconsciously played with the button of his shirt. We came from being strangers to having a fake relationship, then making it real, and now, we're engaged.

Everything went by so fast in a blur. It hadn't been a year since we accidentally met each other. We skipped the early stages couples usually take before committing themselves, but how come we are so sure and in love with each other? I couldn't help but pinch myself to make sure that I wasn't only dreaming. And as I did, I suddenly remembered his mother.

Bahagya akong napabangon upang tingnan siya. Itinukod ko ang aking siko sa kama upang masuportahan ang sarili. Agad niya naman ibinalik ang atensyon na binigay ko sa kanya.

"What?" he casually asked.

"Your mom..." I hesitantly opened up the topic. "Ano'ng sasabihin mo sa kanya? Should we hide our relationship from her first?"

"She's okay with us now. Don't worry," he said and gently laid my head back to his arm.

"What do you mean?" I asked, slightly lifting my head up again. "Pa'nong okay na siya sa atin? Nakausap mo ba siya tungkol do'n?"

He sighed, then his lips curved upwards. "She's the one who encouraged me to take you back. We had a talk the other night. She understands now and she also wants to meet you and apologize for what happened last time," he explained.

"She does?"

He nodded. "Uhuh..."

My chest was slowly being filled with warmth. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang napag-usapan nila at kung bakit ayos na sa kanya ang magkaroon kami ng relasyon ni Sic, ngunit ayaw ko na lang din kuwestiyunin. I was already contented that she gave us her blessing. I was more than grateful that she accepted me to be a part of her son's life.

Muli niya akong binalot ng yakap at pinatakan ng marahan na halik ang gilid ng aking ulo. His hands were all over me but I didn't feel suffocated. It felt rather comfortable to be locked in his arms and cuddle with him like we were only trying to fit ourselves on a single-sized bed.

"But like what you said, I still want us to keep our relationship lowkey," he added.

"Saglit nga, Sic..." sabi ko at tinulak ang sarili palayo sa kanya.

Para hindi niya na ako maibalik sa pagkakahiga sa kanyang katawan ay tuluyan na akong naupo sa kama. I wanted to have a proper conversation with him. Hindi ko magagawang intindihin nang maayos ang mga sasabihin niya kung dikit na dikit kaming dalawa. My thoughts will just gonna fly around and think of other things.

"I don't mind going lowkey," paglilinaw ko sa kanya. "Pero ba't kailangan pa nating gawin 'yon kung ayos naman na sa mama mo?"

"It's because of that annoying shit."