Chapter 32

#NewClassicPFL

Chapter 32
Agreement

"Yes, Attorney. I'll leave it to you then."

While sitting on the sofa, I watched Sic talking to his lawyer on the phone while looking out to the beautiful cityscape that you could see from his spacious living room. The moment he sensed that I needed him, he immediately took me back to his condo unit. Hindi man lang siya nagdalawang-isip o nagtanong muna.

I told him that it was fine with me if he went to his meeting first and we'd talk after, but he insisted on staying and called his lawyer right away to inform him that he couldn't make it. Nagsabi siya na lang mga bilin at gustong mangyari para sa kaso ni Brenna. He also asked to be updated on every single thing.

"Thank you so much," he bid. "I'll call you later."

With that line, he ended the call and turned around to meet my eyes. He walked towards me and placed his phone down on the center table while sitting beside me. He pulled me closer to him and wrapped his arm around my body. He gave me a comforting hug even when I didn't ask for it.

"We can talk now..." he said in a soft voice. "What happened? Hmm?"

I had no idea since when I started to feel like a little kid who needed to be given that much attention. I never wanted to feel helpless and that I needed someone to be better. However, it felt great to receive that love and care from Sic. I never knew it's something I'd eventually crave for.

"It's about my dad..." I quietly answered his question.

"What about him?"

"We're not on good terms."

He sighed and hugged me tighter. "Is it because of me?"

Nanlaki ang aking mga mata. I quickly pulled away and looked at him in the eye while shaking my head.

Sic slightly raised his brow as if he wasn't buying that. "Your reaction doesn't match with your answer."

"It's not really about you, I promise." Umayos ako sa pagkakaupo at itinaas ang aking kanang kamay.

Hindi ibinaba ni Sic ang kanyang kilay. Nanatili nangungutya ang kanyang tingin habang nakatitig sa akin.

Napabuntonghininga naman ako kasabay nang pagbagsak ng aking mga balikat at kamay. "Well, sort of..." bawi ko. "Pero simula pa lang no'ng college ako, hindi na kami magkasundo ni daddy."

Agad na sumeryoso si Sic nang nadinig ang tono ng aking boses. He stared at me with his melancholic eyes and waited patiently for my next words. Mukhang handang-handa na makinig sa akin.

"When I told him I have no plans to inherit our business because I want to be a model, that's when our feud started. He didn't want that. For him, I wasn't chasing my dreams but going against him." I gave him a brief context about what happened. "He never supported me in the career I've chosen for myself. Hanggang ngayon, ipinipilit niya pa rin ang gusto niyang mangyari. He thinks I'm still playing around. He believes he knows what's best for me without knowing what I really want in life," I voiced out all the troubling thoughts in my head which also weighed heavy in my chest. "Now that he's back, he wants to train me to be his successor. He even tried to marry me off to Neil."

Napaayos ng upo si Sic at napakunot ng noo. "Neil? Your ex-crush?"

Matalim ko siyang tiningnan.

"What?" he innocently asked. "I'm just telling the truth. He's really your ex-crush."

"It's not the time for you to be jealous, Sic."

He chuckled. "What are you talking about? I'm not jealous," he denied. "Why will I be when I know you're too whipped on me? At sa guwapo kong 'to, magseselos ako?"