Chapter 2

#NewClassicPFL

Chapter 2
Message

He's fucking insane.

Who in his right mind would rather falsely confirm a fake relationship fabricated by the media instead of clearing things out?

And so, that was the only word I could use to describe him―insane. He's really insane. And because of that, I felt like I was also at my wits' end, trying to figure out how to escape that madness.

"No! Ayaw ko!" I expressed how much I loathed the idea while anxiously pacing around the room. "I will not meet them. I will not cooperate with his ridiculous idea. Nababaliw na ata ang lalaking 'yon."

"Lavi, we need to. Sinabi kong pupunta tayo para makipag-usap sa kanila," paalala niya sa akin.

I snapped my head to her. "Bakit ba kasi pumayag ka?"

"I told you..." She sighed heavily. "I was intimidated. I can't say no..."

Tumigil ako sa pag-ikot sa aking kuwarto. Napapikit ako nang mariin at napakagat sa aking ibabang labi. Sinubukan kong mag-isip nang maayos ngunit masyadong magulo ang aking isipan.

That was a first for me. Whenever I was encountering a problem before, I was always calm while trying to think of a solution. However, at that moment, I was a mess of chaos inside. I couldn't concentrate and I was feeling very frustrated.

"Let's be professional and meet them first, Lavi," kalmadong sabi ni Ritchelle. "Alamin natin ang plano nila. Kung hindi mo talaga gusto, hindi ka naman siguro nila pipilitin. You can say no if you want. But since I gave them my word as your manager, we need to go."

Ritchelle did it. She convinced me to stop being stubborn. Even though I had a bad feeling about the meeting because of that destructive, weird dream with that man, I finally decided to give them a chance. I would go to that abrupt meeting and hear them out.

But before anything else, I almost turned my walk-in closet upside down just to find a striking outfit. Since I was already linked to a superstar like him, I wanted people to see that in terms of social status, I wasn't inferior to him. I could go against him head to head. I wasn't lacking at that aspect.

Carefully scanning one side of my closet, where my designer clothes were kept, everything suddenly seemed unappealing to me. Karamihan pa roon ay nasuot ko na. I even posted photos on my social media accounts while wearing them.

After a while, I ended up wearing a Balmain tonal knit turtleneck sweater which I had not worn yet. It has embossed gold buttons diagonally placed, tracing the left scapula. I tucked my top in a tweed highwaist short in neutral shades which also has the gold crest signature buttons of the brand. And of course, my expensive getup wouldn't be complete without the coastline wedge sandals from Louis Vuitton, the classic quilted leather handbag from Chanel, and some pure gold accessories.

I didn't play with my style and outfit. I also took time putting on makeup and curling my hair. Kung hindi ako minadali ni Ritchelle dahil baka magahol na kami sa oras ay magtatagal pa ako lalo sa pag-aayos. Bago lumabas ng walk-in closet ay kinuha ko ang butterfly sunglasses na galing ding Chanel.

Napabuntonghininga si Ritchelle nang makita ang aking ayos. "Sa meeting ka ba talaga pupunta o sa fashion show?"

"Ritch, we're going to meet up with big people in the industry," I reasoned out and wore the sunglasses. "It's only normal that I dress up for the meeting. I want them to see that I'm not someone they can intimidate."

"Oh, sige-sige," agad siyang sumuko. "Handa na ang sasakyan. Kapag hindi pa tayo umalis ngayon ay baka ma-late tayo."

"Then, let's go!" I smiled before turning my heel to go out of my room.