Chapter 9

#NewClassicPFL

Chapter 9
Movie

Wearing just a white short floral dress from Self-Portrait, I tried my best not to look overdressed for the graduation party. I didn't bother styling my hair, and just let it naturally flow. I also didn't put on much makeup. Aside from how I look at home, I believed it was the simplest get up I ever had.

I was never conscious with the way I dress and carry myself, but I had this feeling that I wanted to fit in with the girls. I searched them on social media and found that they all looked pretty simple and down-to-earth―and that's a compliment. Pakiramdam ko'y ibang-iba ang aking personalidad sa kanilang tatlo. I could be very maarte and full of myself. I was afraid that I might intimidate them or get on their bad side. Ayaw ko no'n. I wanted to make a good first impression.

While I was feeling slightly anxious, I felt a warm hand held mine, which made me forget about my worries, after we got inside the lift. I turned to Sic while he intertwined our hands together.

He was wearing a very comforting smile on his face until he lifted his head and grinned mischievously. "Why do you look like you're about to pass out, love?"

I frowned and tried to take my hand back but he refused to let go. Mas hinigpitan niya ang paghawak sa aking kamay at inilapit sa kanya.

"I've never seen you this nervous. Even during our press con, you were very chill and unbothered," he pointed that out. "You're just going to meet the members' fiancées. Daig mo pa ang mag-a-audition para sa fashion show."

"I'm just worried that they might not like me..." I reasoned out and avoided his keen gaze.

I used not to care about how other people would see me. I didn't care what they would say about me because I knew myself well to get affected. I didn't want to dwell on those things for I was afraid that it was something I might become. But like what I said, I wanted to be friends with them. I could see that they're all good people. And to be honest, I just needed something good in my life.

"You're seriously worried about that?" Sic laughed like I was being ridiculous for thinking that way.

Muli ko siyang inirapan dahil hindi niya na naman ako sineseryoso. Agad naman niyang pinigilan ang sarili upang tingnan ako nang diretso.

"You don't have to worry about anything," he gave me reassurance after making fun of me. "You're already very likeable so just be yourself. That's all you have to do."

His encouraging and comforting words washed away the irritation I felt. Seeing me looking better, he pinched the tip of my nose gently and smiled before we reached the right floor and went out of the lift.

Staring at his back while he led the way, a smile slowly crept on my lips. I wasn't sure if he was being serious when he said those words, but it made me feel better about myself. Even though he could be really annoying, I had to admit that he has his own way of giving comfort and caring for other people.

We stopped in front of a unit and Sic pulled a keycard out from his pocket to unlock the door. Unlike what I imagined, the graduation party was very intimate. Ang sabi ni Sic sa akin ay kami-kami lang din ang imbitado dahil sa unit lang nila gaganapin ang party.

The moment we got inside, I could hear people talking. Sa dulo ng entryway ay may malalaking sofa na iba-iba ang hugis kung saang may nakaupong apat na tao. The unit had a very huge space. There were some indoor games displayed and a mini stage with a band setup. Nahagip din ng tingin ko ang bar at dining area. It was like a legit entertainment lounge.

Nasabi rin sa akin ni Sic na iyon ang dating private studio nila noong hindi pa gawa ang building ng kanilang sariling label. They did some renovations to transform it into a closed and private lounge because they didn't want to sell the unit as it holds a sentimental value for them.