Chapter 31

#NewClassicPFL

Chapter 31
Regret

"Lavi..." Sic's husky voice enveloped my ear as I felt his hot breath on my neck. "Wake up now."

Wanting to be lazy in his bed and sleep more, with my eyes still closed, I flipped to the other side and wrapped my arm around him. I buried my face on his chest where I found warmth and comfort.

He chuckled, then kissed my forehead and renewed the way he hugged me.

Kahit inaantok ay napangiti ako saka tumingala sa kanya habang nakapikit. "More kisses please," I said in a sleepy tone.

Mas lalo naman siyang natawa pero sinunod pa rin ang gusto ko. Not even three seconds had passed and I felt his lips on mine. He gave me five pecks on the lips. Everything was so natural like we were already together for a long time.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of his kisses.

"Are you awake now?" he asked after granting my wish.

Feeling a bit playful, I smiled and shook my head. I wanted to cuddle with him more, so I tried my luck.

He chuckled once again. "If you still want to sleep, I'll let you stay here," he said. "But I need to meet up with our lawyers today."

Napadilat naman ako habang nanatiling nakayakap sa kanya.

"I'll come back to you after we're done," he continued.

Ngumuso ako at saka umiling. Dahan-dahan akong kumawala sa kanyang pagkakayakap upang maupo sa kama. On the other hand, Sic was quietly watching me with an amuse stare. There was a ghost of a smile on his lips. Pakiramdam ko ay talagang nagbalik na ang dating siya.

"What do you want to do?" he asked in a very soft tone like he was talking to a kid.

"I want to come with you," I told him.

"To meet our lawyers?"

I nodded. "Yes, and I also want to see Brenna if possible."

With my request, his face became stern. Alam ko na kaagad na hindi niya 'yon nagustuhan. I could almost hear him objecting and saying 'no' just by looking at his face.

"Why?" he probed first instead of straight up expressing objections.

"I..." I trailed for a few seconds because I didn't really have an exact reason. Naisipan ko lang dahil gusto ko. "I just want to see her."

I was so scared of her last night, and after I heard the story from Sic, I also got angry. I didn't know why but there was an urge inside me to see her one last time. I guessed it would probably clear my mind and make me feel better.

"I'll let you see her."

My eyes widened when he surprisingly agreed. I really thought he wouldn't allow me to come with him after what happened.

"But not today," he added.

Napaawang ang aking mga labi at bumagsak ang aking balikat. As expected. Of course, he wouldn't let that happen easily.

"I want to make sure that she'll be jailed first," he explained. "Ayokong lumapit ka sa kanya hanggang sa malaya pa siya. Even though there'll be security around, I still didn't want to risk it."

Inabot ni Sic ang aking kamay. Napaangat ako ng tingin at diretsong tumitig sa kanyang mga mata. Muli kong nakita ang takot sa loob no'n.

"I don't want to make the same mistakes," he softly said, almost like a whisper. I could still hear the guilt laced on his tone even after I gave him reassurance. "I'll make sure she won't be able to hurt you again. So please, wait until she's put behind bars then I'll take you to her just like what you want."