Ch 30 - Realm Of The Middle

So this one might be complicated to some. Read carefully and comment if you have any questions.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

As you fell asleep with Asia in your bed you drifted off in your mind. But during this ordinary slumber, it felt ever so real. As if someone, or something was trying to get your attention. You hear this music. 

(For Kingdom Hearts people, Dive Into The Heart - Destati (Awakened) )

The directions around you were black. Yet the ground underneath you for bright. It was a picture of Asia. She was wearing a pink dress and holding a green apple. Odd. As you saw this and looked up you saw that there were photos. Floating around in a circle. Memories of your life. There was a picture of your mother breastfeeding you. Then some of good and bad photos from skipping rocks across a pond to being kicked in the chin by some punk. 

As you looked around, there were some photos more recent. Seeing Asia for the first time. Your first kiss with her. A few moments with Howie. Rias smiling at you as she helped you out. It was heartwarming and under so many emotions. It was hard to contain yourself. This was all real. This was a flashback. You could feel silver tears drip down your face. And one would think those waterworks passed away a long time ago. 

"Mom... Asia... Howie... Rias... Everyone..."

"How are you?" A deep manly voice was behind you. As your flinched you could see a man with a black cloak. Black head to toe. A black mask on and even gloves. So odd. Why the getup? To protect his identity? A little excusive. 

"Who are you?" You asked him. 

He shook his head. "Call me, Gol. And this, is the Realm Of The Middle."

"The Realm Of The Middle? The hell? What's that supposed to mean? Is this a dream? Am I supposed to be here? Am I transported into a different world? What's going on here? I didn't just magically appear here right? I'm alive right?" This was getting more freaky as time went along. 

The man sighed. "No, you're not dead (FN). If that was the case I don't think we would be in the same world."

"What's that supposed to mean? You trying to tell me something? You seem to know everything else about me. My name, my friends and family, and yet, I'm here. So what's your game?" You try to channel some magic. You feel something hot in you hand. But you look. Nothing. "What!?" That fireball you were thinking of was coming up empty. 

"I wouldn't bother. If you force magic when it's not supposed to work it can severely hurt you. I wouldn't if I were you." Said Gol.

"Okay then Gol, what do you have me here for? Some information would be nice. Ya know?"

"There are answers you may seek for the future. But I do not have that information available. However, your past might be able to help you realize something that can help you in modern time. And for that you don't need anger, aggressiveness, and rage for that. Or even magic. Use your head. You desire answers. And if this doesn't help you, nothing will. Do you understand?" He nodded and stepped back.

"Wait, these are my memories... Holy..." You looked around and saw that they were in no order. Otherwise it would be much simple. You continue to look around. Grade school wearing the yellow hat for crossing the street, a time where you found a coin on the ground and used it to win a prize at a crane game, and even your first tooth falling out. "Okay. So, where is the old man?" You asked out loud. Looking left, right, down, and up while rotating around this vortex of memories. 

"Perhaps look for a baby." Suggested Gol. 

You find something of something that was much earlier than you expected. Your mother with a big belly standing next to a man. A little taller than you with short, dark hair and a red collared shirt. It leads to believe one thing. 

"I have never seen this picture. That could only mean one thing. If my mother never showed me, no one has record of where he is, there is only one thing I can imagine. He got canceled out of life. Rias told me tails of how Devils and Angels alike have erased memories and events to protect the people. Was my father victim to this Gol?"

"Perhaps. I cannot say. I cannot change history. I cannot alter it or you will be a different person. You would be in a different neighborhood and maybe even not met your lover. She's sweet. And you, you are bitter and sour at times. But don't let it alarm you. Sweet and sour sauce is a tremendous delicacy. I think once you figure out where your father is or what happened then maybe you will be a peace with yourself. Get yourself help, grow stronger and wiser than you already are, and take care of that beautiful girl. Because you don't know any other young man that would do a better job. Even that blonde you used to have a little jealousy over."

That startled you. "I was jealous of Kiba?"

"Oh? I didn't mention names. But it is normal. You are human to a point as you know." Gol turned around. "And please, whatever you desire, make it count. You deserve it. And one day, this just might fade away."

"Hey Gol?" You smiled at him.

He looked over his shoulder. "Yes?"

"I got it. Can you take me back? Even if this is my only chance, I know what must be done. I am going to have to convince my Master, but it's better than nothing."

"Granted." Gol snapped his fingers. "Take great care."

"I will do my best." You smile and another silver tear drops from you right eye. "Thank you Sir. You've helped me more than any male figure I know."

~~~~~

You woke up from Asia stretching as the mattress moved a little. Rubbing your eyes open as she yawned and looked at the sun peeking through the window. "Hey Asia?"

She turned around. "Morning Honey."

You reach over quickly and hug her tightly. She gasped and you go to kiss her. She is caught off guard. "Asia, I had a dream. I'll explain later. I got to get up and make tea and need to set up a meeting with Rias."

"Honey you okay?" She was getting worried. 

"I'm not crying right?" You asked her.

"No. Something wrong?" Asia was still hesitant. That is an odd question to ask. 

"I think I found out about my father. I think I know why he's gone. Why there is no acknowledgment of it. It's just a thought. But I got to go to Rias because I promised both of you I wouldn't make a move on my own. I love you too much and promised you."

She gasped. You covered your mouth as Asia's face turned pink. "You really shouldn't be so casual saying that."

"Asia," You looked into her eyes. "I love you. You're amazing. And a reason why I'm doing this is so I am at peace with myself. I want to be the best for you. I want to be the best man I can be. One day where we can look back at this and say that we are amazing despite everything that happened."

She kissed you. "I love you Honey. And thank you. Thank you knowing I'm here and not running away on it. Too many men do."

You sighed. "I'm not most men. I can't be part of another bad statistic."

"Go get 'em (FN). Let me get dressed and I'll make the tea and get Rias. You get dressed and wait in the office. How's that?" Asia seemed thrilled. 

"You're the best Angel."

"Hehe. Thank you. You're so sweet. The way you cherish me." She kissed your neck and got out of bed. Time for the two of you to start your day. Which was going to be the last day for someone potentially.

~~~~~

Holy shit, made this within an hour. That's rare. Might as well start another chapter while the keys are hot.

In the meantime, any questions or predictions feel free.

-Rel