Twenty-Six

"We need a moment. Can you give us some privacy? Please," Jungkook requested from the doctor as he stood up from the bed and began pacing back and forth.

The doctor left the room without delay since both of them seemed surprised by the news and needed a moment to themselves.

"Jungkook-"

"You are pregnant? How?" Jungkook turned and looked at Jin. "And Seokjin, please don't think that you could possibly get away with lying to me either, just be honest with me. I need honesty."

Jin rolled his eyes as if comprehending what Jungkook was thinking, "I didn't know that I was pregnant; if I had, I would have told you. But what do you mean, how did I get pregnant, Jungkook? Are you implying something?"

"You wouldn't have told me that, would you? Don't lie to me; we both know, you wouldn't have-" Jungkook shook his head.

"Oh hell, shut up, Jungkook! I made you one terrible decision, and now everything I do is decided by it. Do you want to have it hanging over my head forever?

It is obvious that if I knew I was pregnant, I would have told you. We are trying to repair our marriage; why would I destroy it any further by keeping secrets from you?

I am not you, and I am not the one going places and keeping things hidden even when I am asked about it. I want us to work so desperately that I am not trying to add to our suffering. And in case you are questioning who the hell I am pregnant for, it's you, dumbass!

Please leave, I've been through one of the most horrible experiences of my life, and the thought of this, right now, is not good for me. If you're not here for me, but to question my every move, then I would rather be alone right now." He yelled at Jungkook as he threw himself back down onto the bed and covered his eyes, tears streaming down his face.

Jungkook stared at Jin with shock and took a deep breath, "I am sorry." he said, walking back to Jin on the bed and sitting beside him, "You are right, now is not the time to do this, I should be asking you about your feelings and providing you with all the support that you need."

"I don't want to talk, Jungkook, I just-" Jin paused as Jungkook hugged him and laid next to him. "Then don't talk; let's just lie here together, if that's alright with you."

When Jin turned in Jungkook's arms, he broke down in tears, hugging him tightly. Jungkook rubbed Jin's back as he considered all the possible ways Namjoon could have harmed his husband.

"If we were still together, none of this would have occurred. I wouldn't have stayed up so late waiting for Jimin at a bar."

"Are you blaming me for what happened?" Jungkook asked, a little confused by Jin's statement.

"Although I'm not blaming you, I begged you not to push me out from our house. I agreed to meet up with Jimin because it becomes so lonely going home to nothing but an empty apartment. You and Ae Ri have each other, but me, Jungkook, I am alone."

Jungkook stayed still as Jin spoke, convinced Jin was hurting, and he was only trying to deal with whatever he had been through. Therefore he was saying whatever he felt would help him cope with whatever pain he was feeling.

Jin took a deep breath and leaned in, kissing his forehead, "why don't you get some rest."

"Why don't you ever want me to talk, or why do you always try to prevent me from speaking?"

Jungkook sighed, "sorry, that's not what I was trying to do, talk, I am listening."

A large part of Jin was angry, hurt, and misunderstood, more than anything since everything that happened made him feel misunderstood. He just couldn't put it all into words.

"Although I would like to keep this baby, I am already afraid I will lose it again. The night you came home drunk, we slept together, and I foolishly thought you would remember the following day, only to find out you were too drunk to remember.

You do not fully comprehend the difficulty I am going through, and I do not think you are trying to; you just see me and my work and know that I am not there for you and Ae Ri, and that is all you care about.

I don't think you recognize how absent you have become with things in my life; you say I have changed, but you have changed a lot, and maybe I am to be blamed for that change. No longer do you inquire about my performance with the clients; you do not congratulate me for my successes. When I first got this position, you used to cheer me on, and then you stopped. Instead, all you do now is tell me what I am not doing good, and remind me that I am an absentee parent.

I have never chosen Jimin over you, but he celebrates both small and big achievements throughout my career as a CEO. He has more interest in what I do than you do.

He saw my blood, sweat, and tears, and even when my father threatened to take take the company from me when I got pregnant with Ae Ri because he thought she would be a distraction and I had gotten pregnant carelessly-"

"Wait, what are you talking about?"

Taking a deep breath, Jin said, "I did not tell you back then because I didn't want to cause a conflict with him or you. Though I love Ae Ri, she came at a challenging time in my life.

The truth is that my father wasn't pleased with me, and I was confused and torn. On one hand, we were delighted, and she was going to be our first child, and I was thrilled about that, but on the other hand, I felt obligated to make him happy. So I went back and forth with my decision then, but I guess you also realized that.

When my father handed that company over to me, he never even thought I was cut out to manage it independently without help. So I promised myself to continue working hard to prove that I could do it, and I would transform the company, which I did and continue to do.

What Namjoon tried to do to me wasn't new; I mean, it was the first time someone had tried taking things this far, but looking at me like I am their next meal is what clients do all day long. That's part of what I deal with, it's not new to me. 

I don't share a lot with you because I don't want to stress you out, but I blame myself now; maybe I am keeping too much from you, so you can't see my daily struggles and beyond the fact that I am a horrible husband and parent to our daughter." Jin stopped talking, and Jungkook shifted on the bed as the hospital door opened up.

"There is no good food at this hospital; you should be happy I am a good friend because I had to drive thirty minutes to find a place you could eat from. I know you said you weren't hungry, but with everything going on, you need to eat; I got Jin something too, not sure-" Taehyung stopped talking as he took in Jin and Jungkook position on the bed. "I am interrupting, aren't I?"

Jungkook sighed and got up from the bed as he nodded, "let's just say your timing is never great."