One

JK's Pov:

I smiled at my daughter, who, after bowing, looked at me, and frowned when her eyes moved to the empty seat next to mine.

Sighing, I look down at my phone to see if Jin had returned any of my calls, but he hadn't. Our daughter's performance was done, and he didn't show up. This was the fifth performance for her he had missed after he told me he would here.

Missing the performance was one thing, but he could have returned my call, I am sure he has seen them by now.

"Daddy, where is Appa?" Ae Ri, my daughter, surprises me by asking. "When did you get over here, baby?" I didn't even see her leave the stage.

"The show is over, look at my picture." She hands me a group photo that was taken with all the kids that were in the program with her. "Daddy's princess is beautiful," I told her, making her smile.

"Where is Appa, did he not come?" she looked over at the empty seat and then around at the other seats.

I felt sorry for disappointing her again, "Appa is very busy today, but he said he will make it up to you." I watched again as her eyes became sad, and she pouted as tears started welling in her eyes.

"Don't cry, please, Appa didn't want to miss your show. I recorded it for him, he will see it, but you know how busy your Appa is right, Ae Ri?"

"I-I want to go home." she lets out and wipes her eyes. "I don't want to perform anymore, either."

"Don't say that baby, you are good at playing the piano and singing, you should keep doing it. Appa loves when you play the piano too." I tried cheering her up as I held her hand, and we walked out of the auditorium, but she never said anything to me.

Jin knew I hated when he did things that affected our daughter, he shouldn't have promised her he would be there when he knew he wasn't going to make it.

"I don't think Appa likes when I play the piano anymore." Ae Ri said in a whisper, breaking my heart as she cried.

Stopping from walking, I bend down to look at her, "Appa loves when you play the piano, and he wishes he could watch you play every time. it's just he had something happen, and that's why he couldn't be here tonight, but you know he will make it up to you, right?"

"Y-yes, but I prepared the song I played tonight for him."

Before I could respond to her, my phone started ringing, taking it from my pocket, I answered upon seeing it was Jin. "Hi."

"I am sorry."

"I am not the one who you need to say this too." I was so upset with him, do anything to me, but not our daughter, and he knew this. "I know I will talk to her when I get home. I am leaving work right now. I will grab dinner on my way home."

He hung up the phone before I could respond. "Was that Appa?"

"Yes, he sounded sad."

"Really?" Ae Ri looked up at me, seeming worried. "I don't want Appa to be sad."

"I know, baby, I know, let's go home."

********

"Appa, do you like it?" Ae Ri asked while jumping up and down in front of Jin as I showed him the video of her performance.

Jin pulled her into a hug and kisses her forehead, "of course, my baby did so well. I am so sorry I missed it. I will try to do better next time."

I wanted to tell him there was no next time, it was the last show for the rest of the year, but I kept quiet deciding it would be better to discuss later.

"It's okay, Appa." Ae Ri said, smiling at him. I knew she was only saying that so he wouldn't feel bad, but I knew deep down how it affected her.

"It's not okay baby, I need to do better, but I am happy your dad was there." Jin ran his hand through her hair, "I will make it up to you, okay?"

"Okay, Appa." Ae Ri nodded her head and hugged Jin.

********

When I got out of the shower and walked into our bedroom, Jin was in bed, typing away on his laptop.

"How was work?" he looked over at me and asked.

Dropping the towel from my waist, I grabbed a pair of shorts from one of my draws and slipped it on. Picking the towel off the floor, I walked to the hamper and dropped it in.

"Jungkook, I am talking to you, are you ignoring me?"

I turned to face him, "you missed our daughter's performance today Seokjin. It's the fifth performance you have missed this year, today was the last one, and you promised you would be there."

He closed his laptop and got off the bed. "Kook, I know, and I am sorry, but you know how demanding work is for me at times. I tried to leave, but it didn't work out that way."

"Seokjin, you are the CEO! How hard is it for you to get up and leave to come and see something your daughter has been working hard for months to show you? You speak as if someone is going to incriminate you if you leave work early."

He sighed and rested his hands on his hips before looking up at me. "Jungkook, you are unfair. As a CEO, I have a lot of responsibilities, things I can't just ignore and leave just because our daughter has a performance."

"Oh right, because work always comes before our family."

"Don't say that-"

"What? I shouldn't speak the truth? Let's not forget you weren't exactly thrilled when you got pregnant with her eight years ago."

He glared at me and shakes his head, "I can't believe you would bring that up! I was just taking over my father's company, a newly appointed CEO, do you know how hard it was for me. I was already at a disadvantage, and then there I was pregnant. It was hard for me, Jungkook, but that hasn't caused me to love our daughter any less. I messed up today, and I will try to do better, okay?"

"I will believe it when I see you doing better. Goodnight." I stepped passed him and walked over to our bed, getting in and turning my back.

"You are not going to tell me you love me?" He questioned, sounding hurt.

"I love you, Seokjin, goodnight."

"I love you too, I am going to finish some work in the office next door. I will come to bed after, okay?"

"Do whatever you want, Seokjin."

There was silence for a while, and then I felt the bed move before he rests his head on my shoulder, "can you please stop being mad at me, I had a hard day today."

"So did I, I had to heal our daughter's broken heart, once again."

"Jungkook, seriously, can you please stop. I hate it when you get like this."

"Then, start doing better."